Be careful! Avoid the Super Update Nag

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Stercate79, Apr 30, 2018.

1. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I never got a connection with the internet, only searched for internet.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't understand. What do you mean by "searched for Internet"?

3. LikeATrollFace

LikeATrollFace Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty positive it's not present on 2.0.0 and below

4. ns:vm was introduced in 3.0 actually, so if the supernag is connected to it 2.x could be safe, but we don't know yet.

zillld likes this.
  5. Christo372

Christo372 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    If you go to reddit r/SwitchHacks someone posted something called Gag Order 0.0.1 that's suppose to remove the super nag from 4.1.0 systems. I'd post a link but I can't because I'm more of lurker on these boards than I am a poster.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/gag-order-a-fix-for-supernag.505765/

Quantumcat and Christo372 like this.
  7. shano

shano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Australia
    I have a 1.0.0 Switch with PuyoPuyo Tetris JP in airplane mode and it has never been connected to the internet before. Am i better off keeping it offline and wait for the CFW to release, or shall i install fakenews via PuyoPuyo now? If i connect it to the net will it get this supernag?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you connect to the Internet without blocking the proper DNS, you will get the super update nag. These are the DNS used to prevent from getting the message. You can install fake news with Puyo-Puyo or you can wait for someone to convert the fake news installer into either a payload or a homebrew app that you would install through RCM (which will involve a jig). However, there is no estimated date on this so there is no telling how long you will have to wait for one of those to happen.

shano likes this.
  9. hytham

hytham Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2014
    Egypt
    Im sorry but isn't it supposed that you must upgrade to latest fw in order to be able to do any online activity ?
    I have console which is on 4.1.0 , i can boot cfw from emunand normally , i connected my ofw to a wifi network where dns is overridden and so i get prompt for update when try to access eshop (2 buttons there update or cancel) later i ran gag order from cfs it told me i don't have super nag , later when i connected to a wifi that don't override 90 dns i setup im able to access pegascape from ofw , so do i have a nag or not that way ?

10. Darklinkreturns

Darklinkreturns GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    Why did you just bump a thread that's a year and a half old?

11. hytham

hytham Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2014
    Egypt
    Coz it's related

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted