Battle subway

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Elbowbladez, Oct 4, 2010.

Oct 4, 2010

Battle subway by Elbowbladez at 11:23 PM (2,384 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Elbowbladez
    OP

Newcomer Elbowbladez Newbie

United States
    I don't know if anyone else is having any problems, however, Whenever I go into the battle subway with an English patched Rom, It crashes. It shows me a screen with some Japanese. I'm using an R4 revolution with the Wood for Pokemon V1.14.
    If the ROM only has Rudolph's patch then it works just fine, the English patch just crashes it. It's a very irritating issue, Ive been mix and matching patches and I can't get past this issue. Not sure if this is the correct section to be posting this, but this particular part of the forum seems highly active.

2. Kebiinu

Newcomer Kebiinu Member

United States
    I've encountered the same problem and I'm awaiting a fix...I was about to post a topic about this actually. It is indeed with only the English patch, which is a shame, I can't get the required TM's without playing the Battle Subway.

I'm using an Akaio with 1.7 firmware.

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    The game detects edited pokemon, such as with cheats or pokesav or anything. Because the english patch changes the name into romaji, that's counted as an edit.

This happens when you use Wifi, and I've heard it happens with the Battle Subway also.

4. Kebiinu

Newcomer Kebiinu Member

United States
    What if the patch has the original Japanese names? You think that might solve the issue?

5. Sonic332

Newcomer Sonic332 Newbie

Philippines
    i dont think thats the problem i'am having this to btw but i got to an 35 streak many times reach a high point of streak but like suddenly after those every 3 battles shows me the crash screen now hmm..

6. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I'd think so, but the edited data is still within the game's code, so I wouldn't know. You could try it though.

7. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Post a save file with instructions and it might be fixed.

8. tmac24

Newcomer tmac24 Member

Ireland
    My problem with the subway is i can battle so many and then it freeze's! none of my connections work(wifi, wireless) im usin DSTwo [​IMG]

9. Kebiinu

Newcomer Kebiinu Member

United States
    I tried an English Patch with Kata names, but it still froze. It seems that it freezes after battling the school boy (day care student?). It seems to be an AP detection, I'm not sure what will solve the issue.

10. Kebiinu

Newcomer Kebiinu Member

United States
    It seems that the Battle Subway is not compatible with the English patch. The only way it functions is by applying the first ever EXP AP patch.