Hacking Banners/icon templates for Wii VC

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EASIEST WAY TO EXTRACT BANNER SOUNDS IN WAV FORMAT FROM A WII GAME (ISO OR WBFS)

After spending many hours trying to find an easy method for extracting the banner sounds for using them as bootSounds for WiiVC injects, I found out there's a way to getting them directly as .wav in less than a minute.

Requirements:
  • Loadstructor 1.7
  • CustomizeMii 3.11
  • Wii ISO or WBFS
Guide:
  1. Open Loadstructor.exe and click on "Add ISO" (Or Add WBFS)
  2. Select the iso file you want to extract the banner sound from
  3. Click "RUN" and it will create a wad file for the game on the wads folder
  4. Open CustomizeMii.exe and load the created wad file in the "Source Wad" option
  5. On the "Options" tab click on Extract>Sound>As Audiofile

And that's it, it will generate the wav file which you can directly use as a bootSound for a WiiVC inject.

If the audio sound is longer than 6 seconds it will get trimmed and the sound will cut when you are booting your game (which I personally hate), so you can try speeding up the audio to make it fit in 6 seconds (1.3x has worked for me). That way, it is played completely before the game starts but sometimes it is too fast, so play around until you find what works for you.

A huge thank you to everyone who has shared their templates, banners and icons and I hope this small guide helps someone too!

EDIT: It seems I'm not able to post links cause I'm new, so I can't give you the links to the programs :sad:

Last edited by Jalink9406,
Reactions: PascalLeroi

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EASIEST WAY TO EXTRACT BANNER SOUNDS IN WAV FORMAT FROM A WII GAME (ISO OR WBFS)

After spending many hours trying to find an easy method for extracting the banner sounds for using them as bootSounds for WiiVC injects, I found out there's a way to getting them directly as .wav in less than a minute.

Requirements:
  • Loadstructor 1.7
  • CustomizeMii 3.11
  • Wii ISO or WBFS
Guide:
  1. Open Loadstructor.exe and click on "Add ISO" (Or Add WBFS)
  2. Select the iso file you want to extract the banner sound from
  3. Click "RUN" and it will create a wad file for the game on the wads folder
  4. Open CustomizeMii.exe and load the created wad file in the "Source Wad" option
  5. On the "Options" tab click on Extract>Sound>As Audiofile

And that's it, it will generate the wav file which you can directly use as a bootSound for a WiiVC inject.

If the audio sound is longer than 6 seconds it will get trimmed and the sound will cut when you are booting your game (which I personally hate), so you can try speeding up the audio to make it fit in 6 seconds (1.3x has worked for me). That way, it is played completely before the game starts but sometimes it is too fast, so play around until you find what works for you.

A huge thank you to everyone who has shared their templates, banners and icons and I hope this small guide helps someone too!

EDIT: It seems I'm not able to post links cause I'm new, so I can't give you the links to the programs :sad:
Nice, I'll try this out :) Thanks

hello,
there are some mistakes in the univeral vc banners Template!!!

some contain "release" and "players" in the bg (tg16, nes, snes,...)
could it be possible to add pal snes, famicom and super famicom?
If you use Gimp, you can try the template in my sig, there you can change every detail to your liking, want another console picture in the background, just add that layer and remove the one that was there :P It isn't just as simple as the universal template (which is probably quicker :P), but maybe it can do what you want :)

Jooo123Kiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some game are missing in the list, and maybe some LEGO games could make an appearance.

Like some games on the Wii:
-LEGO Star Wars: the complete saga
-LEGO Star Wars 3: the clone wars
-LEGO Rock Band
-LEGO Harry Potter: Year 1-4 as well as Year 5-7
more LEGO games are on the list on the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lego_video_games

And also, some idea if you wan't to do some homebrew application on the WiiU. I don't see them all, but some that are being used frequently fore some users:
-"HID to VPAD"
-"NNU Patcher" for some users that they don't wan't to update their console and still acess to the eshop
-"SDcafiine"
-"TCPGecko" for some hack
-"SwapDRC" for swapping the TV screen and the gamepad screen
-"UserMii Client" for some controls sent to our computer
-"WUP Installer GX2" to install games
-"WiiU USB Helper Transfer Tool" to get games from our computer to our console

In anyway, I don't force you to do these images, but I just enumerate some ideas if you have some free time to do them.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some game are missing in the list, and maybe some LEGO games could make an appearance.

Like some games on the Wii:
-LEGO Star Wars: the complete saga
-LEGO Star Wars 3: the clone wars
-LEGO Rock Band
-LEGO Harry Potter: Year 1-4 as well as Year 5-7
more LEGO games are on the list on the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lego_video_games

And also, some idea if you wan't to do some homebrew application on the WiiU. I don't see them all, but some that are being used frequently fore some users:
-"HID to VPAD"
-"NNU Patcher" for some users that they don't wan't to update their console and still acess to the eshop
-"SDcafiine"
-"TCPGecko" for some hack
-"SwapDRC" for swapping the TV screen and the gamepad screen
-"UserMii Client" for some controls sent to our computer
-"WUP Installer GX2" to install games
-"WiiU USB Helper Transfer Tool" to get games from our computer to our console

In anyway, I don't force you to do these images, but I just enumerate some ideas if you have some free time to do them.
Just done these lego games:
GC
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Wii
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

Others can be made, but I don't have much time today :P

Reactions: Jooo123Kiwi

Jakepiez

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
any one have the .tga files for 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

any one have any of the following icons and banners for any of these games?
18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker
Bomberman Generation
Bomberman Jetters
Casper Spirit Dimensions
Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex
Curious George
Dead to Rights
Defender
Disney's Donald Duck Goin' Quackers
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Dragons Lair 3D
Finding Nemo
Flushed Away
Gladius
Incredible Hulk, The - Ultimate Destruction (USA)
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius
Jimmy Neutron Jet Fusion
Legends of Wrestling 2
looney tunes back in action
magical mirror starting mickey
Mr. Driller Drill Land
Muppets Party Cruise
Nicktoons - Battle for Volcano Island
Nicktoons Unite!
Rugrats Royal Ransom
Scooby-Doo! - Unmasked
Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights
Sonic Mega Collection
Street Hoops
Tarzan Untamed
Teen Titans
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures
The Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage
Ultimate Spider-Man
wario world
wave race blue storm
Winnie The Pooh Rumbly Tumbly Adventures
Hey im new here but has anyone done one for crash the wrath of cortex im bad at making the icons and yeah so if anyone has made one thank you

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hello,
there are some mistakes in the univeral vc banners Template!!!

some contain "release" and "players" in the bg (tg16, nes, snes,...)
could it be possible to add pal snes, famicom and super famicom?

@markehmus , @Crazystato ?
Yeah, I left those templates with "Released:" and "Players: 1" in the background because we couldn't find the exact console models in order to recreate the whole banner, and since the these data is always present in all the american banners I just left them there, though the font layer still fully recreated on top.

It would generate problems for users from other countries I think? I'm not sure how are foreign banners tbh.

@cucholix please check this...
Looks good, you would make the console model opacity down to 60%-70% like the official VC banners.
A few details:
  • NES logo looks over satured, you can compare it with the "official" folder in my universal_vc_bootTvTex_template, it contains the official banners, you can compare the exact alignment for the logo too.
  • Famicon console model image looks pretty compressed also, there's a shody cut job in the top :lol:, same as the NES logo it looks satured, would need to compare with a japanese VC release though.

Overall looks like a nice option for PAL and japanese users :)

Last edited by cucholix,

Allav866

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I quickly threw together a couple of templates for making Wii U HOME Menu icons for all your GCN/Wii games. For GameCube, just edit a screen capture of your game's title screen to be 128x96, then copy it, then open the template in GIMP and choose the layer, "Paste title screen here," and do just that. Export as PNG, and you got yourself an icon that'll look right at home on the Wii U's HOME Menu!

Wii is a bit more tricky, since officially released games use the games' banners for their icons, and I can't for the life of me find any decent screen captures of those, so I just use title screens for those as well. :/

https://mega.nz/#F!vUJHGB4J!GaTSRta_7D171jZGRfPY-g

Here's a few I made myself:
XGuaqiy.png
SxHy8kX.png
qWNtdNG.png

Last edited by Allav866,

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I left those templates with "Released:" and "Players: 1" in the background because we couldn't find the exact console models in order to recreate the whole banner, and since the these data is always present in all the american banners I just left them there, though the font layer still fully recreated on top.

It would generate problems for users from other countries I think? I'm not sure how are foreign banners tbh.

Looks good, you would make the console model opacity down to 60%-70% like the official VC banners.
A few details:
  • NES logo looks over satured, you can compare it with the "official" folder in my universal_vc_bootTvTex_template, it contains the official banners, you can compare the exact alignment for the logo too.
  • Famicon console model image looks pretty compressed also, there's a shody cut job in the top :lol:, same as the NES logo it looks satured, would need to compare with a japanese VC release though.

Overall looks like a nice option for PAL and japanese users :)
ok, thx for the feedback, but will not have any more time to work on this and by mistake, i've not keep all my layers :(
also, if someone want have a try with this...

Allav866

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
If I don't use a bootSound.wav when injecting a Wii game, will the injector default to the Wii VC startup noise, or will it use the generic startup noise for Wii U titles that don't have one (e.g. Netflix, YouTube, Haxchi, etc.)?

AzurePython

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Sorry to ask but could someone please do the banners and covers for Monster Hunter Tri as I have no idea how to do them myself. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii