Hacking bannerbomb vs Twilight Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BryceOne

All I want is Homebrew Channel installed, not BootMii, so I dont want to use the BootMii method I found. If I just use Bannerbomb on a 3.4 wii, along with the Homebrew Channel BOOT.DOL from the 3.4 Twilight Hack download, this should be enough to install the Homebrew Channel on this 2nd Wii I have, right?

Basically bypassing the Twilight Princess game which i currently dont have.. I had to borrow it to do my 1st Wii.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
BryceOne said:
All I want is Homebrew Channel installed, not BootMii, so I dont want to use the BootMii method I found. If I just use Bannerbomb on a 3.4 wii, along with the Homebrew Channel BOOT.DOL from the 3.4 Twilight Hack download, this should be enough to install the Homebrew Channel on this 2nd Wii I have, right?

Basically bypassing the Twilight Princess game which i currently dont have.. I had to borrow it to do my 1st Wii.

That should be fine, it the HBC standalone installer that Nintendo fixed on firmware 4.0

Just rename HBC.dol (or whatever it's called) to boot.dol and place it on the root of your SD card along with the Bannerbomb folders and file.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The BootMii installer can be used to install the HBC alone. If you really don't want BootMii you don't have to install it.

Still, why wouldn't you want BootMii?

B

BryceOne

FenrirWolf said:
Still, why wouldn't you want BootMii?

I might look into it more someday, but right now, what I have works well for me. I just want to leave things as they are.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Twilight Hack has been superceded by Bannerbomb. The Hackmii installer should be the first point of call on a virgin Wii. Everyone should get a NAND dump when first starting out, there is no reason not to.

theweAve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious if any one can assist on this for me:

The Wii I am using has Firmware 4.0. I am trying to install the Homebrew Channel via BannerBomb. I get into the Homebrew Channel install screen, but when it is trying to install it I get this error: Error 1030002011 - Installing Ticket.

Any Ideas??

Thanks!!

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
QUOTE said:
Thanks, I've seen those tutorials. My main questions were regarding the main differences between TP hack and bannerbomb (other than the fact TP hack doesn't work on 4.x SM). My only other concern was whether I needed to do a soft mod if I had a mod-chip. Which, by the looks of it, I may need to do in order to get some Homebrew to run.
If you are currently on 3.2 or below you can simply burn the homebrew installer iso onto a dvd disc and install homebrew that way (as you have hard modded your wii already). Failing that bannerbomb is the obvious option.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol.. is this guy for real?

He acts like he's doing us a favour. You can't be arsed turning on your wii and clicking like 3 buttons? I could do that without moving from my chair.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
some peeps are just so damn lazy
rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it