The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Who else thinks MS will sink the PS3 launch by introducing a price cut?

No, with these news they won't have to bother.

Nah they can still come back with some Uber PR, a Price Cut would be the final nail in the coffin
wink.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The BBC 6 O'Clock news just mentioned the PS3 delays, it's quite rare for them to mention anything videogame related so either it's a slow news day or it's big news lol!
They interviewed a few gamers in GameStation, that made me cringe - Oh why did they not just have an analyst or someone come on and say something intelligent. The BBC have hundreds of correspondents scattered around the world... do none of them play videogames or something?

=\

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With these shortages I forsee bundles, consoles bundled with games that you don't care about or that provide the largest profit for the retailer.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
What I'd like to know is: If USA is only getting 400k and Japan is only getting 100k, what the hell is Canada gonna get? 25k? LOL

mmm... Mexico is getting some, SO I'm sure Canada will get their share. It will be more expensive than U.S. for sure.

Okay, First of all, Sony has an obligation to Japan, without Japan, there probably wouldnt be a PS3....and sony is going to turn around and essentially ignore them? Japans video game sales numbers are always higher than ours here in the usa. i mean, come on, the DS sales figures ALONE should be enough for Sony exec. to look at and say 'I wanna piece of that action'. but no, they are sending 4x the units to the USA, in hopes of what? some kind of miracle that will make americans buy this overpriced hardware that will have a limited selection of games (developers have gone on record stating that developing for this system was not their favorite) and an Xbox Live knock-off? Entitlement points? that's a little lame, right? I own a 360, and i friggin love it. it has some great games and the one's on the horizon make my mouth water. Oh and what about giving up rumble in exchange for a tilt axis controller. hmm, another knockoff? Come on Sony, I used to love you guys! what a great system the PS2 was. awesome games, cheap, and good graphics. The PS3 has good graphics, thats about it. and from what i've been reading about the disc read speeds, i'd rather not have blueray. think about it. GTA;SA used up what, 3 gigs? and didnt they learn from the PSP? how many of you out there are with me when you bought one, played it a few months, and then got an emulator, simply because the load times and the lack of good software.

Now, Nintendo on the other hand, is going to kill this holiday season...if because nothing else, $$$$.
yaynds.gif

Okay, i was just pissed and wanted to rave about this with you guys, most of it probably didnt make sense anyways.

agrikki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well sony did say that they want this console to last 10 years.

But instead of making a console that has specs that aren't as high ans this one and aim it for 5 or 7 years they need to go overboard with stuff...

I dunno in a few years when i have some HD gear i might buy it but i wonder how sony's gaming departemt will be then...

But then again there might be some sort of miracle...

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who else thinks MS will sink the PS3 launch by introducing a price cut?

No, with these news they won't have to bother.

Nah they can still come back with some Uber PR, a Price Cut would be the final nail in the coffin
wink.gif
A price cut would not change anything. The 360 is already 200$/€ cheaper, 250$/€ in some places. The 500.000 PS3s will get sold anyway, and everyone else will buy a 360 (well, not everyone, maybe). Nothing will change about that if the 360 gets cheaper, apart from M$ getting less money.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
PS3 = Albatross

I smell another 3DO.

Unless they manage to work pr0n into the equation, the adult market they're shooting for just won't come until there's a major price drop.
There just won't be enough difference between Sony & MS to justify the extra 300 bucks. More likely they'll use that extra cash to buy a Wii for their kids.

Delaying the launch because they won't have enough to go around?!?

Where the hell is their market?

At least if they introduced it worldwide they'd be able to work the "rarity" angle.

I'm seriously not tryin' to be a hater, I just don't get it.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I really don't care because I can't see myself paying "$599 US dollars!" for a console. I still haven't decided which system to get yet. I wanted to get a Revolution but after E3 I'm just not sure anymore. I started looking into the XBox 360 despite my complete hatred of the original. Right now I want a 360 the most but I'd really like the price to come down just a smidge.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
the 360 is worth every penny. the limited game selection that alot of people didnt like about the launch is gone, they are going to cut the price, a torrent of games are about to come in, and Live is the shit!!! nothing beats shooting your boss in the face and teabaggin him while your whole team can hear you calling him dirty words. (assuming your boss has a 360 too, but damn he's good at Fight Night Round 3)

IzzyGlow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the 360 is worth every penny. the limited game selection that alot of people didnt like about the launch is gone, they are going to cut the price, a torrent of games are about to come in, and Live is the shit!!! nothing beats shooting your boss in the face and teabaggin him while your whole team can hear you calling him dirty words. (assuming your boss has a 360 too, but damn he's good at Fight Night Round 3)

Would be REALLY nice if it were true
tongue.gif
(Yeah...kicking your boss ass with all of your teamates...nice!!)

And yes,for the ones that post on this forum since a long time,im still alive
tongue.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Final fantasy needs to die 13 games is never a good thing even ultima didn't go that far, and 360 won't ever succeed in japan ever since they don't know what japanesse people want. This is the only area where nintendo comes in their system may not be all about graphics, but they better make some improvements in the next batch of new games. The place where 3d has it's real flaws is with polygons since it needs millions of polygons to match the classic looks of 2d, and that is why 2d will never die especially since they never took advantage of everything 2d can offer. I think this will be the new order in a few months first nintendo, maybe microsoft, and then sony however that lasts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: