2DS Does not turn on because of the cameras on the back

DasNickzCFW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, I want to share this case that happened to me buying a second-hand 2DS, I bought this console through Facebook Marketplace, for some strange reason, when I tested the console in front of the saleswoman, the console turned on and It turned off, I assumed it was normal since the saleswoman didn't have a charger and the battery had already been discharged for several months, so when I got home the console didn't want to turn on (but it did charge), I left the console charging for several hours and neither, the next day I opened the console and when I put it together it didn't work either, I took it apart and put it back together and this time it had turned on, since the console was not completely assembled I decided to finish putting it together (connect the rear camera and put the 10 screws on the back) and when I did it the console didn't turn on, I made me disconnect the camera and the console turned on, so today I leave it disconnected.

Now my question is how the rear camera can influence the console not turning on if the console is not supposed to need the camera to turn on?

thank you all very much in advance.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not heard of that particular issue, but 2|3DS react poorly to any hardware faults in general.
I would not be surprised if some kind of failure in the camera module could cause that (worst case: something on motherboard defective showing this problem when initializing the camera).

And yes, 3DS family turns on without camera. In fact this is a workaround on N3DSXL. They are known to go black screens (with recovery mode fully working) when the camera is bad -- disconnecting makes it start normally (minus head tracking of course).

Try if the DS(i) mode works. Could be another issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...