Hardware Blue light/black screen issue

night814

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had a purple n3ds xl for sometime since 2018, it started getting the blue light for a second and black screen issue. Occasionally turning on but prone to softlocking if moved around too much or failing to completely boot. Looking around at the time a common potential issue is the camera ribbon cable.

So last night I finally get prepped and start looking into it. I tried other potential fixes as well like the battery trick but those didn't do anything so I went to teardown. I got through everything fine and got to where I had access to the corner ribbon cables and disconnected the one that everyone says is the camera cable(back top right above the circle pad, its still attached to the top screen) but putting the battery in place and powering on the system was still stuck on the blue light/black screen cycle.

So now I'm wondering; should I disconnect the cable on the top screen portion too to see if it's that, or is it another possible issue I haven't thought of or seen? Any advice is welcome I can provide pictures later but as far as I can tell it has to be the faulty cable that other people have experienced, the system looks clean inside and the issues sound exactly like the camera cable problem.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've had a purple n3ds xl for sometime since 2018, it started getting the blue light for a second and black screen issue. Occasionally turning on but prone to softlocking if moved around too much or failing to completely boot. Looking around at the time a common potential issue is the camera ribbon cable.

So last night I finally get prepped and start looking into it. I tried other potential fixes as well like the battery trick but those didn't do anything so I went to teardown. I got through everything fine and got to where I had access to the corner ribbon cables and disconnected the one that everyone says is the camera cable(back top right above the circle pad, its still attached to the top screen) but putting the battery in place and powering on the system was still stuck on the blue light/black screen cycle.

So now I'm wondering; should I disconnect the cable on the top screen portion too to see if it's that, or is it another possible issue I haven't thought of or seen? Any advice is welcome I can provide pictures later but as far as I can tell it has to be the faulty cable that other people have experienced, the system looks clean inside and the issues sound exactly like the camera cable problem.
Would this be a stock console you have? Or is it one with cfw on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up