backwards compatible ps3 480i

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi to all, I recover backwards compatible ps3 (pal, 60gb, with cobra ode, system 4.50).
one friend clean it and put new thermal paste and I did the hair dryer method, system wasn´t used since 5 years almost and give me ylod, but now it´s working.

yesterday I play a bluray movie till end and worked thru composite cable (saw it in color on my ntsc crt)

cobra ode works with the installed games. but b&w

I want to use it to see movies but also to play games, but I think I must force 480i since my crt doesn´t support 480p (all my consoles work with 480i)

what options I have?

I test a multi av ypbpr cable and no video signal, also a sega hd retrovision cable with playstation adapter, no video, black screen.

Maybe I should take away cobra ode because it´s stuck on 4.50 firmware and if I update the system will not work (I guess).

hen? debug menu? I really don´t know nothing, just read that thru the web

now I see xmb menu in b&w thru composite, screen options only output 576i@50hz but bluray movies in color.

if someone could guide me i appreciate it so much

peke

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi to all, I recover backwards compatible ps3 (pal, 60gb, with cobra ode, system 4.50).
one friend clean it and put new thermal paste and I did the hair dryer method, system wasn´t used since 5 years almost and give me ylod, but now it´s working.

yesterday I play a bluray movie till end and worked thru composite cable (saw it in color on my ntsc crt)

cobra ode works with the installed games. but b&w

I want to use it to see movies but also to play games, but I think I must force 480i since my crt doesn´t support 480p (all my consoles work with 480i)

what options I have?

I test a multi av ypbpr cable and no video signal, also a sega hd retrovision cable with playstation adapter, no video, black screen.

Maybe I should take away cobra ode because it´s stuck on 4.50 firmware and if I update the system will not work (I guess).

hen? debug menu? I really don´t know nothing, just read that thru the web

now I see xmb menu in b&w thru composite, screen options only output 576i@50hz but bluray movies in color.

if someone could guide me i appreciate it so much

peke
I'm not sure whether the PS3 supports 480i natively so you might need to use an external HDMI to composite / component converter, and you might also need to pass the signal through an HDMI splitter to get rid of the HDCP protection.

If you want to update your console, you can install Evilnat 4.91 CFW. You don't need to jailbreak again for that, and there's no reason to stay on an old firmware at this point, especially if you watch Blu-Rays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/tMvfRWhXJtc?si=YwkqnbaYR0OCJVu0