Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
For those who want backup-launcher working with the new DIP module...

You need to run something like this code after opening "/dev/do" device:

Code:
inbuf[0] = 0xF0000000;
inbuf[1] = 1;

IOS_Ioctl(do_fd, 0xF0, inbuf, 0x20, NULL, 0);

Also IOCTL_DI_SETOFFSET command changed to 0xF1 and IOCTL_DI_GETOFFSET to 0xF2.

And I won't talk about backup-loaders anymore.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hear the silence ^^
I'm pretty sure some of those code gurus ar at their work right now.
Waiting for the result.

Thanks W. for everything. I'm pretty sure we hear you talking about something else, some time.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I need some serious help. First off, when I install everything the normal way, things work fine with Wiigator's loader and CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad but when I go to install CIOS_FIX.WAD (after uninstalling everything) the was manager gives me this message
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[*] Reading WAD File...OK!
[*] Uninstalling WAD, please wait...

-Removing tickets...Error! (view=0, ret=-1017)
-Removing title contents...Error!(ret= -1017)

[*] ERROR: WAD not uninstalled! (ret= -1)

[*] Press any button to continue...

................................................................................
This is what I get every time I try to uninstall CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad.

then I decided to just go ahead an install CIOS_FIX.WAD and when I go into wiigator's launcher channel, if I dont switch the controller option to GC controller I get a green screen after I load my disc but when I change the controller option to GC controller I get a black screen after loading the disc. then when I go back to uninstall CIOS_FIX.WAD I get this SAME message
frown.gif

................................................................................
[*] Reading WAD File...OK!
[*] Uninstalling WAD, please wait...

-Removing tickets...Error! (view=0, ret=-1017)
-Removing title contents...Error!(ret= -1017)

[*] ERROR: WAD not uninstalled! (ret= -1)

[*] Press any button to continue...

so basically I have to reinstall CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad just to get the loader back to normal. Can someone tell me why the ticket for the cios keeps dissapearing?!?!! I would like to try the CIOS fix but this is really bugging me
frown.gif

hencthurk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question with cIOS fix,

Can anyone confirm No More Heros working? Basically is it worth the download?

also what about Nights : Journey of Dream?

Kind regards,

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No your ok , just remember the links are there but you do have to look around a little for them- everything you asked is already in this thread in the last 10-15 pages.
We can all understand people want the info straight away , but try doing a search from the bar up top - it may give you all the info you need
wink.gif

wiirfreaks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@LightyKD
try anytitle uninstaller

@hencthurk
No More Heroes PAL works Perfect for me with the cios_fix

@Comp List....
ists worthless...
some people only looks if a game could be loaded and if the first lvl or the loaded lvl could be played,...
No More Heroes is a good example...
in this game, u have an freeze if u drive near the agancy after u defeaded the first boss.
but in the comp list u can read that everything works fine!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107074&st=1170
3. post

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninkoko said:
For those who want backup-launcher working with the new DIP module...

You need to run something like this code after opening "/dev/do" device:

Code:
inbuf[0] = 0xF0000000;
inbuf[1] = 1;

IOS_Ioctl(do_fd, 0xF0, inbuf, 0x20, NULL, 0);

Also IOCTL_DI_SETOFFSET command changed to 0xF1 and IOCTL_DI_GETOFFSET to 0xF2.

And I won't talk about backup-loaders anymore.

That's the part to focus on.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For any curious, the cios_fix works perfectly for everything now for me with that little app that ppc_gba edited. I think it may be from me using the very original loader released from wiigator.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiigator loader waninkoko fix is not here.
in any case, it seems to have the same compatibility as cios_fix. at least for me, anyway, the load times seemed the same.
the mario kart 2nd race thing is still fixed but red steel still doesn't work. i suspect the same games will remain fixed/broken, but i'm sure ppl will let us know.
laugh.gif

edit: crap, now i can't play wario since it won't launch from wiigator's loader. i might go back to cios_fix...
dry.gif
if anyone has decompiled waninkoko's launcher at all, let us know if you figured out what it does differently. it would be cool if he released the source of that and the current ios.

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
wiigator loader waninkoko fix is not here.
in any case, it seems to have the same compatibility as cios_fix. at least for me, anyway, the load times seemed the same.
the mario kart 2nd race thing is still fixed but red steel still doesn't work. i suspect the same games will remain fixed/broken, but i'm sure ppl will let us know.
laugh.gif

edit: crap, now i can't play wario since it won't launch from wiigator's loader. i might go back to cios_fix...
dry.gif
if anyone has decompiled waninkoko's launcher at all, let us know if you figured out what it does differently. it would be cool if he released the source of that and the current ios.

What is that Dol ppc_gba?

substancev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
No your ok , just remember the links are there but you do have to look around a little for them- everything you asked is already in this thread in the last 10-15 pages.
We can all understand people want the info straight away , but try doing a search from the bar up top - it may give you all the info you need
wink.gif

Its funny you say that.. This thread has been the most entertaining to read. I started a few days ago... and managed to follow the whole adventure to the beta testing of the upcoming release. My point is .... if you read this bad boy beginning to end... you will learn a thing or two if not everything right off the back.

Big UP! Wiigator...Waninkoko thanks for the devotion demonstrated to the scene.. People are counting on you to put us in aw more often. Keep these releases coming Wiigator. No pressure
smile.gif
... Be easy! ----out

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I tell you what I installed that new cios through the installer everything went okay on the screen said installed successfully
when i tryed to load anyloader including the wankydol version from ppcgba i got all this code on the screen it froze then
I rebooted couldnt use wad manger or cios installer to uninstall they just gave me black screens emulators still worked
and such but no use of wad manager or cios uninstaller strange so i fired up zelda tp hack and used anytitle deleter and
deleted ios249,dvdx and ios36 rebooted wii everything works now reinstalled cios fix wad then dvdx ios249 and using ppcgba
nohook launcher phew I thought it was bricked! thnx team twilzers and whoever made anytitle deleter! oh well back to
testing wario land on wans black and white loader i have ntsc wii and also mario galaxy on ppgba hook launcher!

Man I wish could make wans plain loader in color for ntsc but I am no coder might as well start I got the devikit pro and such time to start learning!

Cheers Guys!

P.S That cios installer is scary!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro