Not open for further replies.

kiczek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempest Stormwind

Why do u lock ur news topics on the main page ? afraid of comments ?
you do know that your news posts are lame don't you ?
u deserve getting flamed for the amount of stupidity in them OOOHHH new demos == BS

do you really think people who pirate GBA games care about PC GAME demos ?

put out some real news like umm

The_Sims2_AlcoholClone-CLONEGAME.
Burnout_3_USA_XBOXDVD-USA
Silent_Hill_4-USA-XBOX-RETAIL-DAGGER

u'll prolly ban me for posting my opinions bc it seems to happen to just about everyone.

Discussing my opinion should not get me banned! vote on it. I bet you no one cares tell us whats new in GBA or shut up.
-kiczek

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm about to say what I'm sure many people are thinking:
"kiczek sounds like a whining, immature toddler"

I mean really, opinions are fine and constructive critisism is encourage. But kiczek's posts are just flames!

Let me give you my opinion if you should care to read it (but I'm not saying you have to just because it's written here, you could skim over it if you want to):

GBATemp caters for gba rom releases and the releases of gba related programs, you will always see that sort of news on the front page. So you shouldn't really be complaining that we don't have enough emphasis on gba stuff. These other sorts of posts like latest gaming news are created to be informative, to give someone who is looking for a bit more that little bit more. We still have all the gba focus, it hasn't gone anywhere. Why not cater for a wider audience when it doesn't affect our core activity? We are just increasing our market, there's no need to fuss because all the gba related stuff is still there.

RapeMeSlowDaddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
oh no, as my cover is already obviously blown, which we all know i knew u knew that i knew u knew..etc and etc..
but this isnt the point. the point was your losing your core audience... ever wonder how gba-nfo got so many uniques views and soo popular soo quick. the answer is simple, they stuck to their core audience. the didnt pretend to be a wonderful peacock jack of all trade kinda forum (ala gamefaqs, and numerous others). they stuck to what they were, they stuck to gba.. they stayed focused on why people were coming in the first place. the audience your seeing now-a-days here on these forums is the new breed of animal, the multi forum visiting troll, who creates accounts just to have this sorta quasi virtual persona.. their hope is you will see them from various forums and come to recognize them and maybe they get a hardon or who knows why they do this... I on the other hand, havent come to cause some evil war, im not evil mind you, quite the opposite. alot of what i do, most of you will never know, and im quite fine with that.. call me noob, lamer, i know who really is, and dont mind the flames at all. what i do mind, is being banned when im providing your users and even you guys with your news. cmon, ive been here since the start. everybody knows this, those calling me noob lamer man...get with the program. the entire point is always lost tho because gbatemp has too many cooks in their soup. too many mods with too narrow of minds making too many decisions on their own..

ask shaunj66 or djgarf what they think of me. they both know what you see here on the forum is my quasi virtual persona, because i find this all a joke at trying to get famous for having an opinion and wow my post count is soo high. its all to me funny, but being banned and treated like the virtual dog shit isnt neccessary. if you want to rub my face in the dirt, except me to come back to defend myself. cmon, im not gonna lie down and let you kick my face in. so if you want to unban me, yes, im speechless opium...strange i can have such an obnoxious username as rapemeslowdaddy and nobody bats an eye, but stick a pixelated mario ass as an avatar and people declare me the anti-christ...heh

but cmon, lets settle the deal, call ourselves friends, and move beyond this rather blase times we seem to be going thru. im trying to help you guys define yourselves as something more than just another multi-platform discussion forum. now that gba-nfo has slowly gone into is eternal slumber, is the best time to come up with some GBA related ideas to put as cover news and even implement that nfo idea thug4life suggested. its your best bet to draw back some of the original people who once came to gbatemp before the forum kiddies came to play..another idea, why dont you put gba trainers on the cover page? ive always wondered why gbasaves did them, yet gbatemp acted as if they never existed. an idea perhaps to replace those jumpman reviews..heh...if only

but please, i suffered enuff. lets end the crap and move beyond and unban my original oct 2002 nick, speechless.

thx for those who listen and can read this intelligently.
____
speechless -

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Speechless, my respect for you has just risen a notch. Out of everything you have done both good and bad in the past you have created a very intelligent, thought provoking post. I even agree with some of the things you said.
You'll be happy to know that the staff have already decided to implement the viewable nfo notion. And is already in play. On release 1647 you will see a button to view the nfo.

Now there is the ethical notion that now you have finally revealed yourself as speechless that I should ban your account. A ban should not be countered by creating a new account that much is clear. I suggest if you really are serious in changing your ways and becoming more constructive as you have just shown you can do, you should talk to shaun.

Xeago

Insert witty phrase here.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know you speachless, never have.
But I think your last point, about the trainers, was valid. Why don't trainers get up there? What are the reasons that a site that posts news of newly released illicit matterial, cause lets face it, roms aint legal, won't post Trainers.

I shall have to ponder that....

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got an idea, instead of just telling me the news sucks, how about giving me ideas on how to make it better. But remember, I hold final judgement on what goes in and what doesn't.

ShADyX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meh....

as usual. a minority is singled out as the flamers while others flame away and get away with it without a single bat of the eyelid....

as for the news issue, jumpman17 how about you listen to what kiczek had to say in the very first post and list scene releases. ffs i see all this argument about whats offtopic and whats on topic and then i see people saying that you dont want to promote piracy and etc. etc. yet on the main page you have 1648 Home_on_the_Range_Multi4_EUR_GBA-RS, with nfo and the works which is quite obviously a scene release!!!

so i would have to agree with kiczeks original comment and say that instead of listing what crap demos came out this week, how about listing some of the top scene releases.

if you're having troube tracking down what they are then maybe you could pm myself, or even kiczek, or djgarf, or anyone else who actually delves into the seedy side of the undernet.

one last thing
*tips hat to opium*

keep it real mate, and dont ever turn to the bullshit side of the force

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
or anyone else who actually delves into the seedy side of the undernet.
whats the undernet
biggrin.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
why do all moan about pc demos? if you look at jumpmans gaming news you would see that those pc demos are one small section at the end. the rest states a mix of gba, pc and whatever stuff. there's nothing wrong with this.

and yes... posting more gba stuff. the thing with trainers and such is a good idea. just because gba releases are less common in these days doesn't mean you have to blush up your site with strange gba infos just to attrackt people. if there is something new then post it, if not, then wait.

J

janer

i think the undernet is the REAL internet for scene gods
smile.gif

i dont know why we just let the newes on the top page let be news and.. for other infos (on NEWEST HOTTEST AND.. ) we can go on other sites...

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is a GBA site afterall!

Lets see:

Headlines
- Nintendo’s Microphone Revealed - Nintendo so Ok I guess
- New GBA SP Designs - SP so cool yeah
- Star Trek: The MMO - ...
- Doom 3 Demo Soon - Better news can be found for quite a while now
- KOTOR 2 Late For PC - GBA site
- Half-Life 2 Preload Part 3 - GBA site
- Elder Scrolls 4 Confirmed - GBA site
- Mysterious Square-Enix Trademarks - GBA site
- Another Square-Enix Game? - Cool I guess, but once again I can find better info on more dedicated sites
- Predator Delayed - So
- San Andreas Delayed - GBA site
- Super Monkeys Roll To The PS2 And X-Box - Better info on better sites

Trailers
- Tak 2: The Staff Of Dreams Intro - lol

Demos
- Tribes: Vengeance (374.0 MBs)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War (319.2 MBs)
- Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault (534.2 MBs)
- FIFA Soccer 2005 (86.1 MBs)
- Medieval Lords: Build, Defend, Expand (230.9 MBs)
- The Polictical Machine (28.4 MBs)
- Xpand Rally (154.4 MBs)
- Dont care for any of these and if I did I wouldn't be lookin at GBATemp for infos...

IMHO it just makes the portal look scruffy.

I totally agree with adding trainers to the homepage

cerberus

Trophies
Website
www.gbarealm.com
XP
Country
As speechless has said the need is to keep the core audience. Unfortunately the core audience does evolve and demands more and more from something which is not akin to providing more and more. Let a forum provide what it is best at. GBATemp has a reputation for hmmmm... let me think. GameBoy Advance maybe?.
Why dilute the essence with trash news which can be got elsewhere anyway? If guys and girls want news on the latest PC demos they go to the bigger sites which host them. ign et al! If people want general gba scene news they go to sites like this, and if they want undernet access they go on IRC.
Every so often sites need to evolve into a new beast, and it looks like it may be coming to that time for GBATemp. Saves/Trainers is the first step it just depends where it goes from there, but please just keep the focus on the scene!

I always said to myself I'd never post in threads like this! How the beast evolves!
laugh.gif

btw. maybe the title of this thread needs changing!

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I think some of you aren't understanding is that we haven't stoped posting the ROM releases. They're still there. We're not going to stop posting them. This is just a side thing. It's been going on for quite a while, and just recently it was decided to be shown on the front page. And I don't think jumpman has ever claimed that he was the one that found all this information. He's just the one that puts it all together for us.

Okay, I've got an idea. Keep the Gaming News that jumpman's doing right now, and have someone, not necessarily jumpman, make another kinda news thing, but more focused on GBA related stuff. Would that work for some of ya?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I must say that speechles is right in the lack of gba news, apart from the roms release we don't really see much more info on the gba related stuff, you know, just check sites like dscentral and you'd probably get about at least 6 news items gba related each week which is enough *such as a new "tales of the world" being released with screenshots being shown, which quite a few of us wouldn't have known, I doubt anyone here would have posted it and I only really visit dscentral as I'm not bothered visiting the other sites like ign which has too many news articles on console which I'm not interested in.* There are some peeps who also find articles from else where and would post then *like that nfsu2 stuff* but it's really not that often.

What I suggest could happen if people agree to it is that,
In the gba section,
Someone (I'd suggest Jumpman anyday) creates a topic just like he does in the gen section say every Sunday/Monday and he'll leave the topic open, WE the members *or staff, whatever* post the latest news articles we find and supply the link, we can all post our comments on that article while say Jumpan *or whoever creates the topic, takes the news items from what everyone's posted and put's it in his first post, like an index which can be updated daily, either way we can all see and discuss what's going on while Jumpman will have less work to do.* Then at that Sunday or Monday, someone *say tempest* basically does what he always does and pretty much posts on the main page what the new articles are etc. Jumpman/Tempest can then post the "GBA News Index -19/09/04-" topic and link it also on the main page in the same topic with the old news items. Everythings then repeated.

I need a break
frown.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
God I'm getting really sick of these 'lets flame the GBA Temp rom kiddies' threads speechless and anyone else decides to make.

GBA Temp isn't perfect, it won't be perfect and it never will be perfect. There are improvements that can be done to the forum but I gaurantee that for every suggestion you think is a good idea there will probably be another person opposed to it. It's all about compromise folks.

As we can see not everyone likes the news pages/threads Jumpman is doing and they have a fair point... the thing these people should consider however is that the the large majority of people here do enjoy the news coverage, so asking for it to be scrapped would be quite a selfish and non-communal thing to do.

As for changes to the news coverage (or any sensible suggestions for that matter) I encourage the posting of it but flaming won't do anything to help your chances (especially considering these people will be the ones making the changes if they ever happened kiczek!).

On the news content, personally speaking I'd love to see a few more news sources used; Jumpman whether it's intentional or not you seem to miss out quite a lot of pretty interesting news. I understand you probably don't have the time to check out loads of sites but it would be cool if some of the more interesting news at least, was included... no mention of SNK developing for the PSP and and making a 3D Metal Slug game for the PS2 in last weeks news?

Additionally I'd like to see some links to pages of images of new games kinda like you do with trailers... not everyone has a fast ineternet connection to d/l trailers, also the images of new games come out a lot sooner than the trailers...

As for trainers I don't use them so I'm not too bothered about whether or not we see them, but it wouldn't hurt to post them.

smile.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want better news posts, then please help me out.

1) Give me some links to more news sites and I'll add it to my pool of sources for future editions.

2) If I miss something important, you can post it in the topic or PM me with your summary of the article and I'll post it in my original post and give you credit.

3) If you want to see scene releases, take it up with the rest of GBATemp's mods and admins and see if they think it's okay. If you get an okay from the majority of them, then every week before Saturday night, send me a PM with the scene releases and I'll add them to my news and give you credit.

I will not change the fact that I include other stuff in my news. I will not butcher it to the point where it only features 2 or 3 GBA items. It will not change, deal with it.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. RapeME was banned for sharing his long a boring thoughts. COOL! Anyways I cant get any ROMs off of mIRC right now and I'm still rofling at Jumpman's avatar and sig.

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I agree this is called GBATemp with emphasis on the GBA. However this site and the forums contained within it have become much much more than that. Sure I browse the GBA stuff I own a GBA so GBA talk is good. But in reality I dont come here for that at all. This place is a place where everything from GBA, PS2, Xbox, Movies and god knows what else is discussed (Moose violation - Looks oddly at Tempest
unsure.gif
) In short its evolved into something bigger than JUST Gameboy talk. Come on how much can you really say about Gameboy stuff. Looking back on recent topics we had a good many posts about the release of Doom3 and one of the still popular topics is about Chrono Trigger Ressurection. Case and point is that while Gameboy chat is still fun its no longer the meat and potatos of this site. And that is a good thing I promise.

I cant find the big hairly deal about Jumpman's gaming news being on the front page. Hell I read it I enjoy it and I personally would like to see it stay. As for Speechless Ive talked to you on MIRC your a good guy. Hell you lifted some odd ban that kept me from entering the room. If Speechless wants to start over I say let him. Extend the olive branch, kiss and make up.

Either way all this works out (Jumpmans news, Speechless, etc) I will still keep hitting this site after work each day. Its a great site with great people. Nuff Said.

kiczek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a GBA site afterall!

Demos
- Tribes: Vengeance (374.0 MBs)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War (319.2 MBs)
- Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault (534.2 MBs)
- FIFA Soccer 2005 (86.1 MBs)
- Medieval Lords: Build, Defend, Expand (230.9 MBs)
- The Polictical Machine (28.4 MBs)
- Xpand Rally (154.4 MBs) 
- Dont care for any of these and if I did I wouldn't be lookin at GBATemp for infos...

IMHO it just makes the portal look scruffy.

I totally agree with adding trainers to the homepage
Kill the PC Game Demo News put something ppl care about like umm kick ass PC warez releases or someshit..

I didn't mean to get all bitchy about it but I figured an initial flame would get people to realize how silly some of the news was.

btw unban speechles he is the one sitting there spreading and releasing the roms u all are talking about

If ya'll wanna see how often i'm flamed visit http://releases.pocketheaven.com
I've been flamed before and it's something i take with a grain of salt

1405.png

1637.png

1647.png

QUOTEI've got an idea, instead of just telling me the news sucks, how about giving me ideas on how to make it better. But remember, I hold final judgement on what goes in and what doesn't.

Kill the Demo news it's just lame. the only exception would be something like the UT2k4 demo which was out b4 the scene release and really did kick ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I wanted to see shards of the titanic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
    Veho @ Veho: SO POWERLESS