Hacking Atmosphere to be estimated released in Summer 2018 for ALL firmwares.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then go with the unknown, but don't cry butthurt when 4.1.0 is easier/simpler to implement than 5.x. Keep in mind not everyone on this forum is hacking competent. Stating to the general userbase "Update! Update!" could cause some poor soul out there to brick their console just following blindly what they read.
You seem hellbent on blowing a simple statement out of proportion. Are you seeing any such posts screaming to update? Your brick comment is a blatant straw man argument attempt too. Just chill man, it'll be okay.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem hellbent on blowing a simple statement out of proportion. Are you seeing any such posts screaming to update? Your brick comment is a blatant straw man argument attempt too. Just chill man, it'll be okay.
[...]it's been confirmed that everyone can basically update to latest firmware right now and still enjoy CFW in the summer?
This comment would seem to endorse that users update to latest, at least the way I'm reading it

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend not updating to 5.x in general. The advisory warning isn't there for shits and giggles. Yes, 5.x is vulnerable but in the sense that if you are dedicated enough you will have an entry and it likely will be released as an entry point to CFW pro-bono to fuck over TX's attempt to profiteer on piracy/CFW.

Your only entry is F-G, and its details are not yet divulged but it won't be a simple matter of a payload over the internet ala the software solution that we'll have access to with <4.x where we have easy TZ access due to nVidia's stupidity. It may also be unstable or finicky or not-for-the-faint-at-heart or do-at-your-own-risk ventures ala the good old days of phone modding when you fuck around with the bootloader by poking and proding the hardware.

With Mariko, as I said before, on the horizon and the shift of chipsets to T214, we're very VERY likely to lose hardware exploitation (almost assuredly F-G and the bootloader will be fixed up significantly) for some time if not in perpetuity and 5.x is already hardened against many/most/all of the flaws exploited on lower firmwares. That means new/left over exploits will become a precious commodity to potentially offer an in on Mariko. Wasting vulns that may carry over to Mariko is a long-term loss for very, very short term limited benefit.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy, you step away for like, four hours and you've got people baiting one another.

Anyways, CFW for all firmwares? Hype indeed. I'll not be tempted to jump ship to 5.0 just to play online, but it's good to know that everyone gets a piece of the pie this Summer.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This comment would seem to endorse that users update to latest, at least the way I'm reading it
Change "can" to "could" then if it helps the way it sounds. It's still factually true though either way.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just noticed I actually put a question mark at the end of my original comment. I stand by it the way it was written.

Last edited by subcon959,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change "can" to "could" then if it helps the way it sounds. It's still factually true though either way.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just noticed I actually put a question mark at the end of my original comment. I stand by it the way it was written.
In context, the question mark was you asking why we weren't focusing on that, not that you were saying it questioningly

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This has officially turned into the twilight zone. Truth and reality no longer apply.

Apparently the direct quote from SciresM in the first post explicitly stating that Atmos will release for All firmwares (including 5.x) is now up for interpretation.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has officially turned into the twilight zone. Truth and reality no longer apply.

Apparently the direct quote from SciresM in the first post explicitly stating that Atmos will release for All firmwares (including 5.x) is now up for interpretation.
looks clear and easy to understand to me
current models on all versions are hackable

the new switch revisions will not be hackable just yet

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Neither does the second bullet point, then?...

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
easy answer to the debate who ever wants to update update.
Easy
i stayed on an old version for a while and im staying on it untill a cfw comes out.
if you are convinced to update go ahead but no point trying to prove that to others.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the guy clearly stated if you are less than 4.1 not to update for convience of homebrew and cfw.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neither does the second bullet point, then?...
The second point is a bit too vague and lends itself to speculation. Yes, it doesnt recommend updating but then it follows with a very mild way of saying it will be inconvenient.

Something better would be either "noobs will find it a lot easier to enter from 4.1" or else "everyone is gonna want to avoid updating to 5.x cos its a total bitch for entry"

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second point is a bit too vague and lends itself to speculation. Yes, it doesnt recommend updating but then it follows with a very mild way of saying it will be inconvenient.

Something better would be either "noobs will find it a lot easier to enter from 4.1" or else "everyone is gonna want to avoid updating to 5.x cos its a total bitch for entry"
I'm assuming that 5.0.0 will either require an exploit with very low reliability, or a hardmod

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as getting into Atmosphere on 5.0+ doesn't require a hardmod, i see 0 reason why this is a problem.

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wut?
Of course he is taking about northern hemisphere summer, but did the rest of your post actually mean??? Weird...

late rep

i know they're talking about northern hemisphere summer but all the australians in the thread are like 'but that's december-february' (which is true for australia at least) but on the internet, summer typically always means australia's winter period (june-august) and a lot of them aren't thinking like northern hemispherians... which you have to do on the internet in order to understand anything about release schedules since australia is such a minority

it's australian's winter when it releases, NOT australian's summer, because australian's summer would be america's winter. no. it's america's summer. which is australia's winter.

(australia -> america)

summer -> winter
winter -> summer
spring -> autumn
autumn -> spring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I know I laughed a lot lol