Hacking RELEASE Atmosphere mod Plague - Easy LayeredFS app switching - alpha

kevin_1351

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is first release of my poorly written mod.

It allows to easy choose donor game and target backup. I wish it work without reboot, but fs_mitm seems to be not stable enough for handling it right now, probably you still will need to reboot your switch after changing backup using included app.

It consists of:

1) Modified loader.kip - replace one that you use now
2) Modified fs_mitm.kip - replace one that you use now
3) mod_plague.nro - put it in /switch folder, for launching later with hbloader.

Now you should put your backups into /backups folder on your sdcard, path should be something like "/backups/minecraft/exefs/main.npdm" for npdm file. It also handles main.npdm patching for you.

Future plans:

1) Try to patch fs_mitm for better save / game compatibility, fix crashes.

As I said this stuff right now is poorly written and not tested, you should read already written guides for setting up layeredfs.

Please update the nro such that it supports huge game libraries. It doesn't work with all my 40+ demos.

Thanks a lot btw

Last edited by kevin_1351,

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
I compiled the latest Atmosphere commit (83c9747) with the plague modifications, tested BotW on 5.1.0, working fine!

Tested using Super Mario Odyssey donor on 5.1.0:
BotW: works, saves
ARMS: error on start
Mario Kart 8: error on start

COOL ! thx mate :)
Edit: Testing BotW with "Qbik Demo (EU)" , it's working , don't know about saves yet.

Last edited by Assasin1990,

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Androoski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cicciopas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use plague to change game in my donor (usually on fortnite or voez). It's very useful but really slow. I dont understand why this simple and smart solution is in a so early alpha stage.
Could be improved in many ways by the community, SPEED and interface for example.

Thanks for this solution, keep on develop and spread the idea

Reactions: Assasin1990

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
I use plague to change game in my donor (usually on fortnite or voez). It's very useful but really slow. I dont understand why this simple and smart solution is in a so early alpha stage.
Could be improved in many ways by the community, SPEED and interface for example.

If you think it's so easy, do it your fuckin' self.

cicciopas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you think it's so easy, do it your fuckin' self.

Great comment, I dont write well in English but you, even if British, don't understand the meaning of the words.
My post was a Thanksgiving to NermaN for his useful work... but thanks to you too for your inestimable contribution

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Great comment, I dont write well in English but you, even if British, don't understand the meaning of the words.
My post was a Thanksgiving to NermaN for his useful work... but thanks to you too for your inestimable contribution

You said you don't know why it's so slow because it's such a simple solution, suggesting it needed the speed and interface to be updated for easier use which seems like you were saying it was an easy fix and someone should drop everything to make these changes for you.

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova

10 days with no changes , i believe he abandoned it. Right , it's very usefull but sadly someone else should continue his work if we want no laggy interface and multiple game-linking with table to see what game is linked to which one.

PeterGemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
COOL ! thx mate :)
Edit: Testing BotW with "Qbik Demo (EU)" , it's working , don't know about saves yet.

Hey Assasin, how did it go with BOTW over Qbik DEMO as a donor? Did all the save options work?
How long have you played and how often did you save?

Best

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Hey Assasin, how did it go with BOTW over Qbik DEMO as a donor? Did all the save options work?
How long have you played and how often did you save?

Best

yo , nah , with Qbik saves doesn't work at all.
with Fortnite saves works partially, most Autosaves are corupted (when you load them you will get where it Autosaves for the first time).
best donor for me is Mario Odyssey.

NermaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
10 days with no changes , i believe he abandoned it. Right , it's very usefull but sadly someone else should continue his work if we want no laggy interface and multiple game-linking with table to see what game is linked to which one.
Probably there will be new version soon, don't had time for this thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4