Atelier Ayesha will only have English voiceovers

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pity those that will not play games just because the fact that it isn't english subbed but dubbed instead. And I am a guy who watches a lot of subbed anime. And yet, I am quite content with dubs especially if the acting is very well done.

Especially the first point here. To say "WELL I'M NOT BUYING THIS GAME" because it doesn't have Japanese dubs (especially when you don't know the quality of the English dub) is just rather snobbish.

EDIT: Oh, and want the Japanese language? Import the Japanese version. PS3 games are region free IIRC.

Reactions: gamefan5

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can choose a game with the audio of your language -> likes to hear a language that looks very strange.
You are trying to learn Japanese or you're stupid?
Yeah it is stupid to want to play a Japanese game with Japanese voice acting. it is always been my experience it is the stupid people that refuse to read subtitles. I also think it is snobbish of these people to expect everything has to be dubbed into there language.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is stupid to want to play a Japanese game with Japanese voice acting. it is always been my experience it is the stupid people that refuse to read subtitles. I also think it is snobbish of these people to expect everything has to be dubbed into there language.

I expect it to be dubbed in my language because that's what a goddamn localization entails. It's incredibly lazy and half-assed to just cop out and refuse to do the dialogue in English.

It's not "being lazy", subtitles are a pain in the ass. Often times they just don't deliver the inflection that dialogue can and reading ahead often leads to just spoilers.

I just find it silly to refuse to buy a game because it's localization is in its localized language.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of someone arguing AGAINST being localized.
Dude there are all types of gamers. This isn't the first time I've seen one of them. In this case, you know what's worse, the guy condones the localization and yet HE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK JAPANESE!!! What the guy doesn't even know is the fact that subs can be as heavily modified as dubs. He "thinks" he hears the original content, but the fact is, most of the time, he isn't.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I expect it to be dubbed in my language because that's what a goddamn localization entails. It's incredibly lazy and half-assed to just cop out and refuse to do the dialogue in English.

It's not "being lazy", subtitles are a pain in the ass. Often times they just don't deliver the inflection that dialogue can and reading ahead often leads to just spoilers.

I just find it silly to refuse to buy a game because it's localization is in its localized language.
It is his decision not to buy it or not. Koei half assed the product by not including the original dialog and doesn't deserve his money. He doesn't owe them a thing. If he wants the game he should try to find a used copy to piss Koei off.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is his decision not to buy it or not. Koei half assed the product by not including the original dialog and doesn't deserve his money. He doesn't owe them a thing. If he wants the game he should try to find a used copy to piss Koei off.

Yes, they half assed the product by rerecording all the dialogue in English for the English speaking world.

Shame on you for a poor localization Tecmo!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snoob. That is like saying you will only watch opera in English.

That's different. Lyrics can't always transfer over well.

Why do people keep using comparisons for subs vs. dubs that just don't work? The only comparable thing for subs vs. dubs in animation and video games is video games and animation.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it is snobbish to not want to play a game that is missing the original voice acting.

Well hold on now, going by that logic, games like Final Fantasy X, XII, XIII are half assed (aside from gameplay but I loved X) because they don't have japanese voice acting...

Games like Lost Odyssey, or any of the Tales games or such. Hell anything made in Japan that comes over here and has an english voice cast is half assed then right? After all, it doesn't have the original voice acting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games like Lost Odyssey, or any of the Tales games or such. Hell anything made in Japan that comes over here and has an english voice cast is half assed then right? After all, it doesn't have the original voice acting.

Lost Odyssey at least has Japanese as a voice option alongside English, French, and I think German. This is in the NA release.

Can't speak for the rest.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To be honest, if there's a choice for Japanese voices I would pick that if it's a "animé style" game... Like this seems to be. Or a one piece game, or naruto, or whatever. I wouldn't care if it didn't exist though.
(And I sure as hell wouldn't pick Japanese for any other game, like Final Fantasy, Layton, etc...)

Reactions: Celice

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not a weeaboo. A weeaboo is someone who would only want to watch Star Wars in Japanese. I'm just a person who likes watching hings in their original language. Not like I care I don't buy video games so I can't complain.

Reactions: Celice

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a weeaboo. A weeaboo is someone who would only want to watch Star Wars in Japanese. I'm just a person who likes watching hings in their original language. Not like I care I don't buy video games so I can't complain.

A weaboo wouldn't watch Star Wars period because it's "westerner trash".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The funny part here is that it's actually more expensive to dub games than to sub them - it's an effort on the developer's side to release a game in your native tongue, not to mention that it's infinitely easier to play games that are dubbed rather than subbed.

If you want to hear japanese voices, buy the japanese version of the game. Oh, you don't know japanese? Well then why the heck would you want it in japanese in the first place? :huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative