ARM9 HB 3DS Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by AtlanticBit, Feb 11, 2015.

1. AtlanticBit
    OP

AtlanticBit Yeh, fuck this

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    1. How do I print stuff on the screen?
    2. Does anyone know NAND r/w addreses? I want to make emuNAND without gw.(I know about fs problems. I will try to overcome it)
    3.By using MSET how do I do stuff written here -^ and how do I run arm9 bin files.
    4. WTH are arm11_code.bin/arm9_code.bin files.

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    For the first one, I think its
    Code:
    #include <stdio.h>
    void main()
    {
        printf("Hello World");
    }

3. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    Not going to work. That prints to stdout, which isn't going to do anything on a 3ds. You have to write your own display code, or look at any of the examples on how to do it from the last arm9 hb go around.

Not trying to be rude, but if you can't figure out #1 on your own, you're going to have a really hard time doing anything.

1. Look in the homebrew development thread(stickied, at the top of the forum), the first post might actually have some stuff from back when all we had was arm9 homebrew.
    2. The people who know the addresses of these functions aren't likely to give them up. You're probably going to have to find them yourself.
    3. Depends on what the file is supposed to do.
    4. they're code to be run on the arm11 and arm9 processors, respectively. What they do depends on where you got them.

4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I use that for my Ninjhax homebrews and it works.

5. Relys

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    That's because ninjhax runs on ARM11 and the stdio functions are defined in ctrulib.

Jesus people...You can't just go calling functions from a different operating systems IO library. XD

6. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    it just depends on if the system supports it. Before pcsx2 got it's new debugger, in several different games, I used to hook into code and call printf to print out register values for RE work since dev builds of pcsx2 captured ps2's stdout. Once I set up a neat little system of an assembler and python scripts to inject code into save-states, it actually worked pretty well.