Hacking Question Are there Details to the Switch Dumps ? (via Kexploit ?)

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made this new thread because the News Thread is flooded with Pirates and guys that already say goodbye to this console....

The only intresting thing (imo) is if these dumps were made via a soldering and connecting to the PC or via Software (Kexploit ?)
When there is a Kexploit avaible doesn't this mean that every Firmware can be hacked atm ? (there is still this userland exploit that's being held private until it gets patched out)

Are these Dumps decrypted or just a "raw" image of the Cardridge without the Headers ?

I am just curiouse,maybe someone knows a bit more than I do XD

Reactions: senas8

fisher6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think sm:h was used to dump the cartridges we have seen so far so purely a software exploit. I'm pretty sure moving save files has also been done, just nothing public (yet).

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So an app was made for the switch to dump the game? Like running on switch .. an executable? Wow!!!

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
They try to document all they learn and understand, other try to force dev connections to Switch and other try to find exploit with the kernel dump, so, no one are remotely interest in release anything to us. And that is the best to have a solid scene and homebrew. The fisrt dumps of games are raw, no usable because some data are encrypted, but they can edit save data...SMHax is a software vulnerability, but we don't know what they can do, because they say they found it and can have all acces to Switch, but i don't know if they have this acces now or maybe with work and time they can have this acces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: