Homebrew WIP nxdumptool - Nintendo Switch Dump Tool

w350922439

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello~Some new game like justtdance 2023 or Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival.
It must download they offline datebase.
When i download it to my device.I cant dump it .:wacko::wacko:
I fine the offline datebase is save in TF:/Nintendo/save.
File kind i saw it is NAX0.
Its anyone can help me to dump it.
Thaks~

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 23332.jpg
    23332.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221127231704.jpg
    20221127231704.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 90

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, I'm trying to dump a game file that's 5gb, my SD card is formatted to FAT32, I selected "yes" for the file splitting option, but I couldn't the dumped file in the romfs folder (or anywhere else) but I did notice the 5gb of space was used.
Where is the split file located at? Thanks!

Ziizoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am trying to dump FETH (E-shop) and I was able to dump all the updates/dlc but when I try to dump the base game it tells me

readNcaDataByContentId: failed to read 3072 bytes block at offset 0x0000000000000000 from NCA "8e079aa8f8ef2e83e5230db02b65b488"! (0x00000A05)
dumpNintendoSubmissionPackage: failed to read header from NCA "8e079aa8f8ef2e83e5230db02b65b488"!

I did my best to try to find a solution and I found someone with a similar problem from years ago but it was just a matter of updating, I have updated nxdumptool, hekate, atmosphere and Lockpick_RCM and it has made no difference.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021010813513700-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2021010813513700-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @DarkMatterCore

My sd is formatted to exfat, so it's supposed to support files bigger than 4gb (I'll soon turn it to fat32, i keep it at exfat while dumping things).
I dump a lot of my cardridges (arround 40) but all my games above 4g are splitted to 00 and 01 files despite my sd being exfat.
How do I change that to get directly the xci file?
How can I safely (meaning, not currupting the dump) merge all the 00 and 01 file into an xci file ?

(I'm using the latest Actions build https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/actions/runs/7371908949)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hello @DarkMatterCore

My sd is formatted to exfat, so it's supposed to support files bigger than 4gb (I'll soon turn it to fat32, i keep it at exfat while dumping things).
I dump a lot of my cardridges (arround 40) but all my games above 4g are splitted to 00 and 01 files despite my sd being exfat.
How do I change that to get directly the xci file?
How can I safely (meaning, not currupting the dump) merge all the 00 and 01 file into an xci file ?

(I'm using the latest Actions build https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/actions/runs/7371908949)
Hi there.

Rewrite builds no longer support writing files with sizes >= 4 GiB. Instead, we replicate actual Horizon OS behavior by writing ConcatenationFile entries if the size for a file is >= 4 GiB. Futhermore, SD card filesystem changes are always committed/flushed after closing a file that was written to.

I still strongly suggest against using exFAT-formatted SD cards. If possible, just use USB dumping by connecting your Switch to a PC and running the Python host script I made (requires an extra Zadig driver installation under Windows); or use a USB mass storage device with a exFAT/NTFS/EXT partition connected to the Switch. You can change the "output storage" option available in multiple menus from the rewrite builds to control this behavior.

You can join the numbered files on a Windows PC by running "copy /b * game.xci" on a command prompt placed inside the directory where the numbered files are saved.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Asia81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there.

Rewrite builds no longer support writing files with sizes >= 4 GiB. Instead, we replicate actual Horizon OS behavior by writing ConcatenationFile entries if the size for a file is >= 4 GiB. Futhermore, SD card filesystem changes are always committed/flushed after closing a file that was written to.

I still strongly suggest against using exFAT-formatted SD cards. If possible, just use USB dumping by connecting your Switch to a PC and running the Python host script I made (requires an extra Zadig driver installation under Windows); or use a USB mass storage device with a exFAT/NTFS/EXT partition connected to the Switch. You can change the "output storage" option available in multiple menus from the rewrite builds to control this behavior.

You can join the numbered files on a Windows PC by running "copy /b * game.xci" on a command prompt placed inside the directory where the numbered files are saved.

Hope that helps.
thank you sir, I appreciate the response and the project
I would like to donate a bit, but your paypal donation link seems to be broken (paypal say the account may be disabled)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
thank you sir, I appreciate the response and the project
I would like to donate a bit, but your paypal donation link seems to be broken (paypal say the account may be disabled)
Thanks!

I had to delete my PayPal account and recreate it from scratch some time ago, after migrating to Spain. The donation links from the nxdumptool repository should work properly. If they don't, feel free to DM me about it.

Reactions: Asia81

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks!

I had to delete my PayPal account and recreate it from scratch some time ago, after migrating to Spain. The donation links from the nxdumptool repository should work properly. If they don't, feel free to DM me about it.
Oh? You finally moved? I hope Spain is good to you :)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Oh? You finally moved? I hope Spain is good to you :)

Yeah. Getting used to Spain hasn't been too difficult, luckily. I already have both residence and work permits. Things are not perfect, but I'm objectively better than before.

thanks, it's sent

Thanks!

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a newb question but I've been using the tool to rip my own carts into XCI files and selecting to dump the Certificate, yet after a couple of dumps I noticed the Certificate folder is completely empty. Are these stored elsewhere or is there an issue going on?

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I'm trying to dump a game file that's 5gb, my SD card is formatted to FAT32, I selected "yes" for the file splitting option, but I couldn't the dumped file in the romfs folder (or anywhere else) but I did notice the 5gb of space was used.
Where is the split file located at? Thanks!
it would be in the nxdumptool folder thats located in the switch folder I believe

Reactions: simsimsim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself