Are there any builds of the Ocarina of Time decompilation with HD textures and 3DS assets?

captain_obvious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The assets in the original game haven't aged well. The grass is an ugly box which was improved in the 3DS remake. Texture resolution is low and models are low quality. But the original has its advantages like blood in the well and a more atmospheric final boss fight. Some claim the soundtrack was better in the original.

Are there any projects which merge the best of both games with some HD textures on top? Ship of Harkinian, while impressive, hasn't produced what could be the definitive version of the game.

Reactions: Jayro

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, something like the Super Mario 64 model improvements would be sick!
It would be nice. There were many ROM hacks that came out after the gigaleaks, one that adds the unused Luigi model as well as the recreation of the 1995 beta.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Super Mario 64's world should be left in-tact as far as the polygon count is concerned, because the chonky blockyness of the levels are kinda what make the game what it is, but almost all other aspects could definitely be improved. Using the models from Super Mario Galaxy for the Mario model I feel is a good first start, and should be fairly easy to port over.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game