Homebrew Homebrew game Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Leveled)

iiTzSamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Leveled HD v8.0.2 <--- Download Link​

• Adjusted EXP table and gain to reduce the need for grinding, meaning faster level gain.
  • Scenes now have set levels depending on certain conditions.
  • Enemy levels are no longer fixed and have a modifier instead. They will be set by the scene level then changed according to their modifier.

This will allow for more dynamically assigned levels.

281951780-b4dc4216-0a6f-4b09-b203-57b8781ac96b.png

Leveled is a mod that adds simple RPG leveling elements to the game, nothing too fancy.

When I say simple, we got your typical stats, Level, EXP, Attack, Strength (I call it Power), and Defense (Courage).
Every enemy has a set fixed level and EXP reward, meaning as you level up you actually feel stronger.

As an option (on by default), equips in the equipment menu modify stats. Such as the Goron Tunic providing +3 strength, but also reducing defense by 3.

By default, but there is an option to disable these, you can gain extra hearts (up to +10) from leveling, and magic capacity scales with your level. Although, magic starts much lower than the original (1/4 of original).

Level progression is setup in a way that you should never need to grind, but have the option to do so. Enemies and bosses give a good amount of EXP and Gold Skulltula tokens award EXP too.

Navi can tell you the level and max HP of enemies.

There are quite a few settings in the game menu bar under Leveled that can be used to tailor your own experience with the mod.

This mod is best used with Djipi's new Texture Pack for soh. DOWNLOAD BELOW! (I will also update this texture pack and combine it into 1 otr file for easier use)
Djipi's 3DS Experience (Texture Pack)

MORE UPDATES TO COME IN THE FUTURE!

Last edited by iiTzSamurai,

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Very cool! 👍
Post automatically merged:

Damn this looks good! How can i enable this Leveled mod? I have it on my mods folder but it seems it has not been turned on.

Attachments

• 20231118_201334.jpg
    20231118_201334.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231118_201548.jpg
    20231118_201548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited by helvetinperkeles,
Reactions: iiTzSamurai

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I made it work on pc, but not on switch, crashes when opening the game, so ill wait for a premade file
I can confirm that it works on switch. I use soh 8.0.2 version with latest atmosphere.

That is the wierd part. I did download the switch version and added that to mods folder. Still i don't see it in game. Must be something i do wrong. Do i need to enable it somewhere in option or something? I did try to find that also but i see nothing obaut leveled.
Wait i only took the leveled mod file from the switch file. Do i need also use all other files from it?

iiTzSamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that it works on switch. I use soh 8.0.2 version with latest atmosphere.

That is the wierd part. I did download the switch version and added that to mods folder. Still i don't see it in game. Must be something i do wrong. Do i need to enable it somewhere in option or something? I did try to find that also but i see nothing obaut leveled.
Wait i only took the leveled mod file from the switch file. Do i need also use all other files from it?
It’s automatic. Did you kill something to gain xp? And yes you need all 3

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you add the mods folder that was in the .rar? It needs the Leveled.otr to work
What i did is, download for windows, convert compatible game as stated, then copied level files mergin them (for switch version), copied stuff to switch, tried on switch and nothing BUT, works without the level files normally, There are many things in the explanation txt that i dont understand wich is sad cuz this mod looks amazing awesome

iiTzSamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i did is, download for windows, convert compatible game as stated, then copied level files mergin them (for switch version), copied stuff to switch, tried on switch and nothing BUT, works without the level files normally, There are many things in the explanation txt that i dont understand wich is sad cuz this mod looks amazing awesome
If you got it working on pc then the only thing you would need to copy over to the switch version would be the oot.otr along with all files in the switch rar

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is great, but I have a visual glitch: the light that comes out when opening a chest is white instead of yellow/gold. Does anyone else have the same issue?

iiTzSamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATED TEXTURE PACK!

Updated the texture pack and models. New structure to help with the addition of other usable Link Models. Fixed purple Hylian shield, fixed out of place master sword when charging on adult link. Added a better Link Model, ones that support the cosmetic editor to allow for color changing of tunic's.

Working on upscaling The Fierce Deity Model for those who want it!
6545673bd5bab.jpg

BEFORE!
284011422-70539645-7fb8-43b3-8f73-67e0eb5b341f.png

AFTER!
1.png2.png

New Release Here!

Untitled.png

Last edited by iiTzSamurai,
Update!

iiTzSamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still working?
Yes, I deleted the repo cause the original author is updating the mod. Once he's done with the errors I'll redo the repo and update to whatever version the ship will be at! The last working build is a v8.0.2 - download below! The Texture pack has been fully updated to v8.0.4!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Texture Pack

https://github.com/ROGsamurai/Djipis-Ocarina-of-Time-3DS-Experience/releases/tag/v8.0.4

Leveled v8.0.2 Links
Win64

https://1fichier.com/?nkpoac7f0i1pk05whxqx

Mac
https://1fichier.com/?epwmyd4aylpecefpphgg

WiiU
https://1fichier.com/?qh5svr4f1yngucro6jsv

Switch
https://1fichier.com/?2hu94blnrbgim0pgyns2

Linux Performance
https://1fichier.com/?rhda6ncvlbch5co3ot0d

Linux Compatibility
https://1fichier.com/?t0xhfy4mcsmrvvs68o9p

NEW Upscaled 3DS Models
Ylink.png

Alink.png

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Leveled HD v8.0.2 <--- Download Link​

• Adjusted EXP table and gain to reduce the need for grinding, meaning faster level gain.
  • Scenes now have set levels depending on certain conditions.
  • Enemy levels are no longer fixed and have a modifier instead. They will be set by the scene level then changed according to their modifier.

This will allow for more dynamically assigned levels.

View attachment 403823

Leveled is a mod that adds simple RPG leveling elements to the game, nothing too fancy.

When I say simple, we got your typical stats, Level, EXP, Attack, Strength (I call it Power), and Defense (Courage).
Every enemy has a set fixed level and EXP reward, meaning as you level up you actually feel stronger.

As an option (on by default), equips in the equipment menu modify stats. Such as the Goron Tunic providing +3 strength, but also reducing defense by 3.

By default, but there is an option to disable these, you can gain extra hearts (up to +10) from leveling, and magic capacity scales with your level. Although, magic starts much lower than the original (1/4 of original).

Level progression is setup in a way that you should never need to grind, but have the option to do so. Enemies and bosses give a good amount of EXP and Gold Skulltula tokens award EXP too.

Navi can tell you the level and max HP of enemies.

There are quite a few settings in the game menu bar under Leveled that can be used to tailor your own experience with the mod.

This mod is best used with Djipi's new Texture Pack for soh. DOWNLOAD BELOW! (I will also update this texture pack and combine it into 1 otr file for easier use)
Djipi's 3DS Experience (Texture Pack)

View attachment 403818

MORE UPDATES TO COME IN THE FUTURE!
Tbh Ocarina of Time would of been better as a Zelda II remake with better combat abilities.

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,

iiTzSamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the author

---------------------------------------------------------------
--- Explanation of some new combat system elements ---
---------------------------------------------------------------
Tension

This is the most important new feature of the combat system and has the biggest overall effect on how you attack and defend in combat. Tension represents how tense your stance is, it is normally at zero, but putting up your shield will quickly increase it, and in current builds this will turn Link blue (though this may change in the future). This is somewhat like what Majora's Mask does with 'jinxing', in that while blue, you cannot attack with your sword, only this will normally last for less than a second at most (unless an enemy attack 'overtensions' you) and so this will prevent you from quickly counter attacking enemies if you have been holding your shield up. The basic aim of this feature is to discourage the player from holding up their shield or using particular defensive options unless they have a reason to, though notably it doesn't directly punish players who simply want to do nothing but defend themselves against normal attacks, as you are free to just hold up your shield and move around as you would in the regular game while in tension. As mentioned before, using your shield isn't the only thing that can alter your tension, certain enemy attacks can add to it, which you will want to pay attention to if and when it happens. Rapidly shielding and unshielding will also quickly max out your tension.
Residual Shield

The residual shield (or simply side guard) is activated when you have your single handed sword out and are targeting an enemy (IMPORTANT: If either of these conditions is not met, your residual shield will either not be out, or not be active, and so it won't work). It simply means that you will be able to shield certain kinds of attacks (which will typically be horizontal swings) while targeting as long as you are NOT holding up your shield with the R-trigger or equivalent button. These specific attacks will frequently be able to bypass your regular shield, so you may be forced to deliberately drop your shield from your high guard specifically to protect your side. To tie this into the tension feature mentioned above, while keeping your shield dropped will NOT induce tension, having your shield attacked when residual can add tension.
Crossover Disengaging

This is not something you do, but something enemies can do to you. If an enemy leaps clean over you while you are in the middle of attacking or having your guard up, and you are targeting them, this may trigger a targeting disengage, breaking your lock on them and forcing you to manually reorient yourself and possibly retarget them. The idea is to make it possible for enemies who can leap over you to catch you off guard with their jump and possibly get an attack in from behind if you fail to notice what's happening. Do note that this will simply have no effect if you aren't doing anything, only while attacking and/or shielding can players be forcefully disengaged like this.
------------
--VIDEOS--
------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch