Are backups possible yet?

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Hacking & Homebrew' started by NathanBrown, Oct 9, 2019.

1. NathanBrown
    OP

NathanBrown GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    India
    Are backups possible yet? My disc for Forza Horizon 2 just stopped working, I suspect most likely cause of too many scratches on it, and Microsoft has it de-listed from their store, which means now there is effectively no way for me to play this game unless I buy someone else's copy. Can someone tell me if backups are possible? cause I worry this will become the case with a lot of games that such as Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Need for speed, etc.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Nope.

NathanBrown likes this.
  3. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    every week with you people :( nothing has happened if there was im sure the thread would be alive and kicking but as is the xbox one isnt getting any love

aadz93 and DRAGONBALLVINTAGE like this.
  4. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Microsoft solved the piracy problem. Gave Xbone users homebrew, and ported most of their exclusives to PC. Wanna pirate an Xbone exclusive? Pirate it on PC.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

CORE, aadz93 and Ryccardo like this.
  5. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    yeah just you know, pirating UWP games is a headache on it's own, if it's even possible at all yet

6. DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE The GBATemp Hacker

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    The Ruins of GBATemp (3DSTemp.net)
    It is and it's pretty easy

7. NathanBrown
    OP

Jun 19, 2018
    India
    Then I hope one day its possible to port over existing PC games and natively play them on the xbox, cause I don't have a PC powerful enough to run the games themselves.

Regardless, xbox needs to have a backup game system, microsoft is slowly removing games from their digital store

8. contezero

contezero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2016
    Italy
    aadz93 likes this.
  9. NathanBrown
    OP

Jun 19, 2018
    India
    digipimp75 likes this.
  10. contezero

contezero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2016
    Italy
    Many Devs do not see piracy of a current generation console as "a challenge". Usually piracy was achieved as a byproduct of homebrew. Xbox one already support homebrew with DEVmode and the dev working on it are exploring the possibility to overcome the limitation of devmode but aren't interested in "backups".

Jiehfeng and aadz93 like this.
  11. SundayWarrior

SundayWarrior GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2018
    Russia
    For what needed backup on xbox one? Gamepass good service, and good price drop sales sometime

12. aadz93

aadz93 Hypavisah

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    Exactly, people nowadays equate homebrew/Linux to roms, backups and online cheating, I miss the 90s and 2000s, having to swap psx discs to run imbnes and ulaunchelf, or just get a modchip.....there was a different kind of satisfaction, computers were still not commplace or cheap, no Android or iOS just j2me, this was a time where game console hardware could compete with PC, and in a sense were turned into cheap multimedia computers since they had powerful hardware but sold at a cheap price, like what Android TV boxes do now

13. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Regarding backups, I really recommend game pass anyway.It has so many awesome games, and pretty much every single xbox one exclusive is already on there.

I'm personally only interested in seeing if someone could extend the functionality of the xbox 360 and og xbox emulators so that I can play some of my discs that aren't compatible yet.

14. aadz93

aadz93 Hypavisah

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    I'd like to have homebrew, the xbone would make an interesting editing station for video and you could record HDMI via the hdmi input

15. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Narcissism in its existensiality

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    There is some respect deserved to the people behind this system's security, as well as the ones who made the decision to support homebrew.

GarnetSunset and aadz93 like this.
  16. carizard

carizard Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    Antarctica
    short answer no

long answer ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorta with some windows play everywhere titles being brought over

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can pay to have it professionally resurfaced which should get rid of most of the scratches.
    But first of all have you tried cleaning it with a clean soft cloth? Move outwards, not in circles, as circular scratches are more likely to make data unreadable.

vasoconstriction likes this.
  18. Circular Pastry

Circular Pastry Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    …and then they started pulling games from marketplace. There will always be a reason to archive and be able to play backups. (Hopefully we haven't missed an opportunity)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted