New MAME4DROID available (to try on Android)

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone has finally built a modern mame4droid based on MAME 0.261! I haven't had time to test it yet, but keep in mind that MAME is low level emulation wherever possible. It strives for accuracy, not speed. I have no time to play around with it tonight, but if you want to give it a go, it's on the official store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seleuco.mame4d2024&pli=1

If you've attached Android on Switch to your Google account, you can set it to download to your Switch directly from the store page using your PC. If you need the .apk, I use a place called apkcombo. If the default options don't work for the Switch, someone else please post what options are needed (as far as system/architecture/etc...).
Post automatically merged:

If you're not an Android user (and maybe even if you are), it's a steep learning curve to get it working correctly. First hint I have, is to not try navigating normal MAME config menus. They simply don't work right, and cause crashes. Use the config button on the screen (so you can't configure it while docked, because you can't reach that button with a mouse).

The default buttons are set for controller 0, but when you configure the controller using Joycons, they are Controller 1. You MUST configure your controls and rom/sample/etc paths first.

I just played a bit of Mortal Kombat, which works perfectly fine. Also fired up Killer Instinct... which runs a few FPS, so don't bother trying lol...

I'm going to eventually try this on my Quest 3.

EDIT: https://github.com/seleuco/MAME4droid-2024/releases for the .apk

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: BigOnYa

ValerieStormDestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's Seleuco who made the new MAME. He's the same guy who made MAME4droid based on the 0.139 romset a while ago.
Post automatically merged:

That's Seleuco who made the new MAME. He's the same guy who made MAME4droid based on the 0.139 romset a while ago.

Reactions: urherenow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto