Hacking Are backups possible yet?

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Are backups possible yet? My disc for Forza Horizon 2 just stopped working, I suspect most likely cause of too many scratches on it, and Microsoft has it de-listed from their store, which means now there is effectively no way for me to play this game unless I buy someone else's copy. Can someone tell me if backups are possible? cause I worry this will become the case with a lot of games that such as Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Need for speed, etc.

D

Deleted User

Microsoft solved the piracy problem. Gave Xbone users homebrew, and ported most of their exclusives to PC. Wanna pirate an Xbone exclusive? Pirate it on PC.

Rare Replay never ever! :(
yeah just you know, pirating UWP games is a headache on it's own, if it's even possible at all yet

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Then I hope one day its possible to port over existing PC games and natively play them on the xbox, cause I don't have a PC powerful enough to run the games themselves.

Regardless, xbox needs to have a backup game system, microsoft is slowly removing games from their digital store

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Reactions: digipimp75

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rip, I can't believe no one is motivated enough to beat microsoft and take this on as a challenge.

Many Devs do not see piracy of a current generation console as "a challenge". Usually piracy was achieved as a byproduct of homebrew. Xbox one already support homebrew with DEVmode and the dev working on it are exploring the possibility to overcome the limitation of devmode but aren't interested in "backups".

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Many Devs do not see piracy of a current generation console as "a challenge". Usually piracy was achieved as a byproduct of homebrew. Xbox one already support homebrew with DEVmode and the dev working on it are exploring the possibility to overcome the limitation of devmode but aren't interested in "backups".

Exactly, people nowadays equate homebrew/Linux to roms, backups and online cheating, I miss the 90s and 2000s, having to swap psx discs to run imbnes and ulaunchelf, or just get a modchip.....there was a different kind of satisfaction, computers were still not commplace or cheap, no Android or iOS just j2me, this was a time where game console hardware could compete with PC, and in a sense were turned into cheap multimedia computers since they had powerful hardware but sold at a cheap price, like what Android TV boxes do now

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding backups, I really recommend game pass anyway.It has so many awesome games, and pretty much every single xbox one exclusive is already on there.

I'm personally only interested in seeing if someone could extend the functionality of the xbox 360 and og xbox emulators so that I can play some of my discs that aren't compatible yet.

carizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
short answer no

long answer ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorta with some windows play everywhere titles being brought over

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are backups possible yet? My disc for Forza Horizon 2 just stopped working, I suspect most likely cause of too many scratches on it, and Microsoft has it de-listed from their store, which means now there is effectively no way for me to play this game unless I buy someone else's copy. Can someone tell me if backups are possible? cause I worry this will become the case with a lot of games that such as Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Need for speed, etc.
You can pay to have it professionally resurfaced which should get rid of most of the scratches.
But first of all have you tried cleaning it with a clean soft cloth? Move outwards, not in circles, as circular scratches are more likely to make data unreadable.

Reactions: vasoconstriction

Circular Pastry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

…and then they started pulling games from marketplace. There will always be a reason to archive and be able to play backups. (Hopefully we haven't missed an opportunity)

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr