Hacking Are All The Bad Batches Of the AK2 Gone ?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well for the past few days i have been talking to people thinking about which flashcart to get ?

My little sister's M3 Real's clips all broke off ( iunno what she does with it if it's just in her DS ! ) and my dad said that he might be buying her another flashcart (lucky duck ... free stuff . )

So i offered my dad that i would trade my SuperCard for her M3 Real then i would get another flashcart instead of buying a SuperCard for her .

So yea i was thinking of getting an AceKard 2 instead of the EDGE ( IMO i like it better ! )

And i was going to tell my dad to get the AceKard 2 from KickGaming ( well sinec we bought from there already . )
So has anyone bought an AceKard 2 from there ? or at least just recently ?
Just wanna know if there anyone has gotten a faulty AceKard 2 recently from KickGaming or at least has gotten an AceKard 2 .

Reply Back ASAP .

- Echo

imqchummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I ordered an AK2 from kickgaming last week and i received it this morning!! So far it's working great! Only TWENY froze during a cutscene but as you read on the forum, I'm not the only one. Anyway I'll keep my M3 Real for this game! So far, so good!

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got mine from DX last Thursday, and it's still kickin' for now.
smile.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OzModChips reported that they have had none back from the most recent batch (that was a few weeks ago), plus there haven't been people complaining that theirs is broken recently.

And I believe someone said that Acekard had fixed the problem and so now all the new ones should work.

So I think it's safe
smile.gif

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WRONG... Wait about a month and then your AK2 will mess up 90% of the time. I also thought that all the bad batches were gone. So I bought a AK2, then lo and behold after a month it screws up my ds...

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wasup said:
WRONG... Wait about a month and then your AK2 will mess up 90% of the time. I also thought that all the bad batches were gone. So I bought a AK2, then lo and behold after a month it screws up my ds...
So if a month later yours screwed up, it means you got it over a month ago, when there still were bad AKs being sold
rolleyes.gif

And 90% of the time is a lie, it is closer to 10%. The reason it seems like more, is because people with fully functioning Acekards don't sign up to a forum to ask for help.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
They never leave they just repopulate and spring on you when you least expect it. bwahahahaha
Oh my god, are you psychic or something.

When my friend over to play DS, after 30 minutes of playing, my previous AK2 got the "FAT Error."
At the worst time.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
At least I didnt ship mine back at the risk of the store putting it back into circulation. I threw it in the trash.
biggrin.gif
But really now, either they're reselling broken ones, the bad batches got mixed with the good, or they're simply still producing a considerable amount of defectives -- the fact is that on average every once a week or so someone pops in somewhere to report a FAT ERRORing AK2 they recently bought, despite the 'all clear' signal that has been vehiculated. Right now I think it's the most unreliable flashcart, after the N5 ofcourse. The number of faulties is over what I'd consider adequate quality control and fair chance of failing. It's just that now their numbers are high enough to pester clients like you but too low to raise the awareness alarm again. All in all, whatever it was it ain't over yet...

Also the fact that it they don't immediately break down and it takes them 2-3 weeks is further fueling this false sense of security and making it difficult to create true statistics about the exact number of faulties, or to predict when/if one's cartridge will break down. I encouraged a friend to buy one little before mine broke down, he bought it at the peak of complaints and it's still running fine now. He uses it daily. But the AK2 remains a gamble to an extent that I'd not trust buying one.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
But the AK2 remains a gamble to an extent that I'd not trust buying one.

Acekards have a one year warranty, so even if it takes 8 months to die, you're still covered. Also, AFAIK, most resellers are aware of these issues and are completely willing to make things right in the case of a defective ak2. At worst you will be out $23usd. Is $23usd that big of a gamble?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really if you're considering what a good flashcart you have. And you still saved tons of money by playing DS games.

Also, I don't think there have any bad batches on this forum. Or they're not getting reported.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
gratefulbuddy said:
Searinox said:

Acekards have a one year warranty, so even if it takes 8 months to die, you're still covered. Also, AFAIK, most resellers are aware of these issues and are completely willing to make things right in the case of a defective ak2. At worst you will be out $23usd. Is $23usd that big of a gamble?
It is if you consider that you can get something more reliable for that money. And there was one report here just this month. Another on DX's forum. Sure they're not as many as before, reports are down by about 80% compared to the peak period but they're still there.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Searinox said:
gratefulbuddy said:
Searinox said:

It is if you consider that you can get something more reliable for that money. And there was one report here just this month. Another on DX's forum. Sure they're not as many as before, reports are down by about 80% compared to the peak period but they're still there.
I think you are really exaggerating the problem, there have barely been any compared to a few months ago, which indicates that they have indeed fixed the problem.

The last report was about 3 weeks ago.

Plus even at the 'peak' most still worked, like mine for example. There are likely a huge number of people who get them, and if they break they will search for a fix and GBAtemp will be one of the first sites that appear, and thus you get lots of people signing up specially for that, but not for ones that work correctly.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
however let me say that ak2 overall quality isn't very high, there are still some small problems, sometimes need to extract and insert again the card, and side clip very easy to broke.
it seems very easy to broke respect other flashcard...

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Not to mention my friend who still has his running gets a considerable number of FAT ERRORs or stuck on LOADING(10% of time) on startup whatever the memory used. That's a sign of bad build quality there.

Skydancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok we bought 3 AK2 from DX (in June), each with a difference between a Week.
Each has a 4 GB A-Data C6 SD. We use the Card every Day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1