Hacking Anyway to make Wii games boot up directly when you enter WiiMode?

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, to me, would be an extremely practical use of homebrew:

I have a ton of Wii game disks. I've been buying new games regularly practically since the Wii came out six years ago, and it'll be a long time until I have anywhere near the same number of Wii U games. So while I love being able to play Assassin's Creed 3, my Wii U is, at least for now, largely a box for playing Wii games.

For this reason, I HATE how unintegrated Wii mode is. It's so annoying to have to insert the Wii disk, boot into Wii mode, then load the disk channel and boot into the game AGAIN!

I never really play Wii Ware games, and while I did use the homebrew channel, it's something I would give up for the ability to start Wii game disks easier. Is there any way to make it so that as soon as the Wii menu loads, it AUTOMATICALLY boots the game disk? This would make playing Wii games on my Wii U feel like a much more integrated experience.

There's got to be something that lets you do it, right...?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once someone gets a preiiloader like setup running on WiiMode correctly, my guess is that someone may be able to write a autoboot patch to do exactly that.

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be straight forward, but does it actually exist? I know you can't use Priiloader yet, but it would be nice to know that I have an app I can use once Priiloader is updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)