Anyway to make Wii games boot up directly when you enter WiiMode?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Wowfunhappy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Wowfunhappy
    OP

Member Wowfunhappy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This, to me, would be an extremely practical use of homebrew:

I have a ton of Wii game disks. I've been buying new games regularly practically since the Wii came out six years ago, and it'll be a long time until I have anywhere near the same number of Wii U games. So while I love being able to play Assassin's Creed 3, my Wii U is, at least for now, largely a box for playing Wii games.

For this reason, I HATE how unintegrated Wii mode is. It's so annoying to have to insert the Wii disk, boot into Wii mode, then load the disk channel and boot into the game AGAIN!

I never really play Wii Ware games, and while I did use the homebrew channel, it's something I would give up for the ability to start Wii game disks easier. Is there any way to make it so that as soon as the Wii menu loads, it AUTOMATICALLY boots the game disk? This would make playing Wii games on my Wii U feel like a much more integrated experience.

There's got to be something that lets you do it, right...?

2. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    once someone gets a preiiloader like setup running on WiiMode correctly, my guess is that someone may be able to write a autoboot patch to do exactly that.

3. Kikirini

Member Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    That would be a really useful thing to do. I do often boot into the vWii to play game channels, but having the option to auto-boot into disc games would be super awesome.

4. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    To be honest, if they had the ability to load it directly, they might as well have combined it with the Wii U Disc channel, and required a Wiimote to continue.

5. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    An autoboot app with Priiloader would be really straight forward (and region free)

6. Wowfunhappy
    OP

United States
    It would be straight forward, but does it actually exist? I know you can't use Priiloader yet, but it would be nice to know that I have an app I can use once Priiloader is updated.

7. Wowfunhappy
    OP

United States
    So, a lot of time has passed since I origanally asked this question. Is it any more doable now?

8. blaisedinsd

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well you can hold down the B button to fastboot in to Wii mode now but you can't auto boot the disc.

9. Wowfunhappy
    OP

United States
    Unfortunately, the B button really doesn't do anything to make Wii games feel more integrated.