XP
Country
United States
It's another modification of the Great job of tona : AnyRegion Changer

AnyRegion changer v1.1b mod03
by QLeap

Speacial Note by QLeap:

1. Additional Features of v1.1b mod03
a. Install patched IOS37 as IOS30 instead of original IOS30 for Korean Disc Key support.
Because current SysMenu 3.2 cannot support Korean Disc because of no Korean Key in non-Korean Wiis. So non-Korean Wiis with modchip lock up when you put Korean Discs without this patching.
b. Install patched SystemMenu option
* Full Wii Disc Region Free -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full NGC Disc Region Free (even in Korean SystemMenu) -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full Channel Region Free
* Enabled Starfall RescueMode:
Put your NGC pad into port 1, holding 'Y' button when your Wii booting, then you can get in Recovery Mode easily.

c. You can change your SystemMenu to Korean. (3.3K)
* If you want this feature, you should find following files, or you should make by your selves:
cIOS40-64-v2321.wad (sha1: 344e2a72d3c078ba90eb0e59f6dddc0cbe56ebc7)
cIOS41-64-v2320.wad (sha1: 2e9cf69e8bfefc288d68f86b4e705e23ea189943)
cIOS43-64-v2320.wad (sha1: 3f1059e066d9be7fddff0a22fd1f74d3b528e6d3)
cIOS45-64-v2320.wad (sha1: aaff0e0a36a6ddf0fa1ca0ce6b1f6b9a7f94a219)
either RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v326.patched.wad (sha1: adc5a608e4e2ce35c3222f31e7caeafa00d82321)
or RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v326.wad (sha1: 728841100ddd7b3856f2dba7201a4b50bf6cc095)
* then put above files in 'wad' directory of your sd card.
* If you want make the Wads above by your selves, you have to learn how to extract apps from Korean Wii, because you can get the IOS40s and SystemMenu v326 from Korean Wii.
* Also you should know how to patch IOS40s, because if you don't have non-Korean Wii, this cannot support Korean Common Key. But all clue how to patch these is in my source code. (hash-check patch and Korean common-key enabling patch etc..)
* Patching SystemMenu v326 same. you can find how to patch it from my source code as well.

2. How to prevent Brick your Wii?
a. Don't set language Korean or Any Chinese in non-Korean SystemMenu. I made you cannot choose this option in non-Korean Wii though, but you should be careful.
b. NEVER SET 'KOREA' game region in non-Korean Wii. this will cause no Disc lanuching. also this option cannot be selected in non-Korean Wii anyway, but you have to be careful.
Because I enabled all disc region free patch in your SystemMenu, you don't need to change this game region. Just leave it as used to be.

Download source and dol file: AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b_mod03.source_and_dol.zip (No wads included in this zip file)

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ricflairandy said:
is this any different than using anyregion changer as before but then isntalling starfall?

thanks

well, right, but starfall features were optionally available only for US and EU Wiis so far. Now these are available for KR and JP.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the Autoboot patch include both patches you need in StarFall? There's a autoboot option and a skip disc check option in StarFall.

Why don't you change the appliction that you can only select matching language and region settings? I mean, if you select anything as korean, all other options you can set to korean have to be set to korean or else the wii is bricked.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome program, i say thanks so much for this tremendous work representing for all koreans. (they actually do love u)

and thanks for noting about the language settings. i wish this came out a little earlier right before i bricked lol

but good work thanks a lot

this is basically like anyregionchanger + starfall + patchmii korean disc support included in 1 package aweeeeeeeeeeesome

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
takagen and dieforit = u guys have to install 3.2 again from anyregionchanger menu in order to see those options when u install

basically installation got longer with more options to it, you can either yes or no to it

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just tested with fresh 3.2J installation.

now starfall recovery works with Japan firmware too! awesome!

well of course backup disc doesnt work on recovery (dont have a modchip)

and zelda doesnt autoboot either (which starfall does, so i can use any boot.dol in the root of the SD card using the twilight hack)

it would be awesome if we can have the starfall recovery mode autoboot feature too..

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
would it be possible for my bricked 3.2U wii to boot up this new regionchanger in my wii lol (well its not modded as wiipower and qleap know)

it's still dead and im waiting for super mario galaxy genuine disk.

but mario galaxy update firmware is lower than 3.2U correct? thus it wont auto firmware update?

bcuz i tried zelda genuine disk and it didnt do anything

some guy tells me any genuine disc with any firmware will overwrite whats in my wii and make it that disc's firmware

some guy tells me the disc firmware has to be higher than the system in order to update the firmware (well this sounds right but as for nintendo, they can't unbrick if the customer brings in the highest firmware then)

so who's right? i couldnt use it yet so i dont know whos right for the recovery mode @_@

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could just install a modchip and biit with an autoboot hbc disc and then fix it with that or with an autoboot zelda disc and run the twilight hack if you still have it on your wii...

nintendo can fix it with discs they have, they can just reinstall the firmware...

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea the thing is its kind of impossible for me to get a modchip thats why...

oh they have like reinstall disc or something? which is different from a pink disc?

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
b. Install patched SystemMenu option
* Full Wii Disc Region Free -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full NGC Disc Region Free (even in Korean SystemMenu) -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full Channel Region Free

i guess these options are for the wii with the modchip installed correct?

because wii can't read the other region disc in the channel (well not modded wii)

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and qleap before i used this anyregionchanger

i already had your previous (cios patchmii korean disc support) installed

and after i downloaded this new version of anyregion

korean discs didnt boot up

so i uninstalled cios patchmii korean disc then reinstalled and works fine again

so i think your anyregion of korean disc support is not working at the moment.

just for a note

thanks for ur work

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this app mod is very nice, but it is a nearly pointless step putting in the starfall patch for recovery mode, if you arent also going to include the diagnostic disc check removal (which is the part that allows retail copies of TP to boot)

reaching the recovery menu is easy as pie for anyone with a gc controller they arent madly in love with.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
region free channels also doesn't work as i cannot boot big kahuna party ntsc on my pal wii. i have the same problem with starfall patches and with any other region free channel patches. but all other wiiware/vc games work.

edit: could it be that new vc/wiiware has a new way of booting their region?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntsc/pal issues are usually more video signal, and, like many (especially older) disc games, require much more hacking than just "allowing" other regions, which is what that patch does. usually better just to wait for a version that matches your video settings, if that is an option...and some games dont have the problem at all, which causes confusion. most wiiware games will not work with both pal and ntsc though, its one or the other.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
pretty strange... i once read something about rgb cables not able to view ntsc signal. but i wonder wy my digital decoder can display ntsc on my tv with a rgb scart... so i don't think that is true and i am sure my tv can handle the signal, but thanks for the info noobwarrior. i hope they'll release it very soon on pal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4