Anybody noticed this new-new update? (not 5.5.3)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by MaLoLHDX, Sep 13, 2018.

1. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    So my Wii U is on 5.5.3, and I have the no updates dns hack. In my download center there's an update trying to download. Did they release 5.5.4 or something?

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    No its simply because you are blocking updates lol. The WiiU randomly checks if new updates are available but it cant do this as you are blocking the dns so that is why its showing its trying to update. All it means is that the dns is working as it should.

3. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    But my wii u is already at 5.5.3, so it shouldn't be trying to download anything, unless they actually released a new update. My point wasn't if my dns hack worked, it was if they released 5.5.4

4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    No they haven't you are only getting the message because the wiiu cant do the random check it does to see if a new update is available so therefore the dns hack is working

5. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    Oh alright, thanks.

6. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Wii U always tries to check for updates, and since you have the dns set up and working, tries to check if there's a new update, fails, gets an error and says "System update: Failed"

That's not because there's a new update, 5.5.3 is the latest, it's because the dns you have are working properly and you're blocking the connection for your wii u to "call home" and check for updates

Please next time do a proper research because this question has been already answered hundreds of times

AmandaRose likes this.