Homebrew Anybody noticed this new-new update? (not 5.5.3)

MaLoLHDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So my Wii U is on 5.5.3, and I have the no updates dns hack. In my download center there's an update trying to download. Did they release 5.5.4 or something?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So my Wii U is on 5.5.3, and I have the no updates dns hack. In my download center there's an update trying to download. Did they release 5.5.4 or something?
No its simply because you are blocking updates lol. The WiiU randomly checks if new updates are available but it cant do this as you are blocking the dns so that is why its showing its trying to update. All it means is that the dns is working as it should.

MaLoLHDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But my wii u is already at 5.5.3, so it shouldn't be trying to download anything, unless they actually released a new update. My point wasn't if my dns hack worked, it was if they released 5.5.4

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But my wii u is already at 5.5.3, so it shouldn't be trying to download anything, unless they actually released a new update. My point wasn't if my dns hack worked, it was if they released 5.5.4
No they haven't you are only getting the message because the wiiu cant do the random check it does to see if a new update is available so therefore the dns hack is working

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wii U always tries to check for updates, and since you have the dns set up and working, tries to check if there's a new update, fails, gets an error and says "System update: Failed"

That's not because there's a new update, 5.5.3 is the latest, it's because the dns you have are working properly and you're blocking the connection for your wii u to "call home" and check for updates

Please next time do a proper research because this question has been already answered hundreds of times

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: