Homebrew Question Any trusted UK Switch Homebrew Modders here?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking to install Homebrew on my Switch-have a 3D printed jig but am not the most confident person with this sort of thing. A while back I had an issue with my 3DS and sent it off to a GBATemp member who faced it and made it even better, but I can't remember who this was.

Is there anyone who can do this or recommend a trusted site member?

Daleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, I'd just do it yourself. I get that it's intimidating, and you're probably scared but it honestly takes about 30 minutes.

You already have the jig, which honestly is the hardest part of getting right.

Take your time, look at a couple different tutorials, and just go for it.

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, I'd just do it yourself. I get that it's intimidating, and you're probably scared but it honestly takes about 30 minutes.

You already have the jig, which honestly is the hardest part of getting right.

Take your time, look at a couple different tutorials, and just go for it.

Cheers man. Ive got the jig and Ive got the files,Im just worried about all this python shit etc. I have a MacBook Pro 2017 (Yeah I know)

Daleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers man. Ive got the jig and Ive got the files,Im just worried about all this python shit etc. I have a MacBook Pro 2017 (Yeah I know)

You don't need to touch any python stuff lol. Use the web launcher to send payloads, https://fusee-gelee.firebaseapp.com/ and you can browse your SD card with the Mac just fine.

I'm always up and here to help, just give me a PM or we can chat on another platform if you would prefer.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to touch any python stuff lol. Use the web launcher to send payloads, https://fusee-gelee.firebaseapp.com/ and you can browse your SD card with the Mac just fine.

I'm always up and here to help, just give me a PM or we can chat on another platform if you would prefer.

Thank man.Fuck it...I'll give it a go now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good tutorial to use?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: xXxSwagnemitexXx

Gary_BBGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought it from Ebay,off a UK seller who posts on here (can't remember who it was at present but it seemed very well made lol)
Just to check, you are fully powering the Switch down before trying to enter RCM mode? It won’t work if it’s just standby.

With the device powered on, hold the power button until the menu comes up. Select the power options, then shit down. Fully insert the jig, hold volume up, then tap the power button. If it has worked then nothing will happen... if the device turns on then you have an issue with your jig. Is it the paper clip or wired one?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to check, you are fully powering the Switch down before trying to enter RCM mode? It won’t work if it’s just standby.

With the device powered on, hold the power button until the menu comes up. Select the power options, then shit down. Fully insert the jig, hold volume up, then tap the power button. If it has worked then nothing will happen... if the device turns on then you have an issue with your jig. Is it the paper clip or wired one?

This may be were I was going wrong....nothing was happening. I was looking for something to come up on the screen haha

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I have an iPhone haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cant get it to boot into the recovery mode-the jig is in
I bought three rcm jigs from Ebay and none of them worked i just needed to adjust (bend) the pins on my jigs a little so it makes contact why dont you try it?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought three rcm jigs from Ebay and none of them worked i just needed to adjust (bend) the pins on my jigs a little so it makes contact why dont you try it?
Will give it a go tomorrow:) When I insert it, and press the volume up button/power on,am I expecting anything to appear onscreen or?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo