Any switch OLED installers in the UK only?

Jarvmeister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy to be PM'd and put in touch with someone. I'm aware of the world famous US/Canadian modders. Just looking more local before taking the plunge!
Thanks in advance!!

PS. no pointless negative responses from people telling me I won't find anyone. That's not what the thread is for.
Cheers

Disclaimer: "after an oled install into a modified cabinet at gaming store" 8-)

Last edited by Jarvmeister,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im aware. Hence the PM. Not sure what you're not getting?

You didn't read my post I said people are not going public about it, the only modder that was doing in UK before was Squee666 but seem like he left the scene, nobody want a lawsuit from Nintendo just for soldering some stuffs, like for Squee666 he can do soldering work but he can't touch SX Core/SX Lite/HW Fly, same rule would apply to anyone who does it for you if they go public, there has been a lot of people asking for hard modders, you chance of getting one are very slim that why I recommend going to your local elecronics repair shop. Don't believe check the SX Core related threads in the forum.

Jarvmeister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You didn't read my post I said people are not going public about it, the only modder that was doing in UK before was Squee666 but seem like he left the scene, nobody want a lawsuit from Nintendo just for soldering some stuffs, like for Squee666 he can do soldering work but he can't touch SX Core/SX Lite/HW Fly, same rule would apply to anyone who does it for you if they go public, there has been a lot of people asking for hard modders, you chance of getting one are very slim that why I recommend going to your local elecronics repair shop. Don't believe check the SX Core related threads in the forum.
I don't have a local electronic store unfortunately

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really like this community such helpful talented people behind the scenes.

I totally understand what you're asking for mate, you're clearly saying if someone would be happy to PM you then please do so.... I totally get this.

What others are saying is that things are too hot right now in the hardware modding scene, many guys, including long standing guys on here received very serious cease and desist notices from Nintendo. Nintendo sadly do not f**k about anymore.

I hope you manage to find someone to do the work for it but I think you may need to try somewhere else, perhaps try some local mobile phone shops or post a wanted listing on Gumtree ?

Good luck.

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well good luck finding somebody who does them 🙈
Or he can learn how to solder himself. If he wants to wait a couple of weeks for a chip from aliexpress. I got mine, they are not that hard. I have not soldered a chip since the x360 days and i was able to do this and the only extra thing i needed to buy was a solder station with a magnifying glass

Reactions: CloudStrife190100

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because all modders got cease and desist letters from Nintendo.
It's technically a hardware repair though. The chip essentially allows the user to setup the console to run in a virtual environment, backup/restore nand, boot0/boot1, etc. This way, proper testing can be done in the virtual environment without taking risk with the entire console. The console can also be easily restored with the proper backup files. This violates terms & conditions for sure, but a C&D for such hardware repair work is woefully unjustified.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically a hardware repair though. The chip essentially allows the user to setup the console to run in a virtual environment, backup/restore nand, boot0/boot1, etc. This way, proper testing can be done in the virtual environment without taking risk with the entire console. The console can also be easily restored with the proper backup files. This violates terms & conditions for sure, but a C&D for such hardware repair work is woefully unjustified.
Tell that to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: