Hacking Any slot-2 devices that don't use SRAM battery?

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if theres any slot-2 devices that don't use an SRAM battery for saving? I would ideally like to purchase something that you don't have to change the battery out every couple of years....

Thanks!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, all GBA expansion carts use SRAM (volatile memory) to store saves, so they all require a battery. You might be able to find a more general-purpose slot2 device that can store the save to a microSD or internal NAND flash memory, but it would cost a lot more than a few batteries. The EZ 3in1 has internal NOR flash memory, but I'm guessing that's far too slow to store save files to.

-Bri

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just for info.......

The original SC-CF and SC-SD don't have battery backed ram and relied on a button combo to be pressed to write the sram to mem card. But they are poor GBA carts, so forget it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To add to sidneyyoung a lot of cards with good GBA compatibility feature soft reset and backups. Resoldering a battery is about as easy as soldering gets though (wire to wire is the only thing easier).

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
To add to sidneyyoung a lot of cards with good GBA compatibility feature soft reset and backups. Resoldering a battery is about as easy as soldering gets though (wire to wire is the only thing easier).
yeah... do you have to have tools to solder though? I have no experience w/ that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc