Any slot-2 devices that don't use SRAM battery?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Unchi-san, May 23, 2008.

1. Unchi-san
    OP

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    I'm wondering if theres any slot-2 devices that don't use an SRAM battery for saving? I would ideally like to purchase something that you don't have to change the battery out every couple of years....

Thanks!

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    As far as I know, all GBA expansion carts use SRAM (volatile memory) to store saves, so they all require a battery. You might be able to find a more general-purpose slot2 device that can store the save to a microSD or internal NAND flash memory, but it would cost a lot more than a few batteries. The EZ 3in1 has internal NOR flash memory, but I'm guessing that's far too slow to store save files to.

-Bri

3. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Just for info.......

The original SC-CF and SC-SD don't have battery backed ram and relied on a button combo to be pressed to write the sram to mem card. But they are poor GBA carts, so forget it.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    To add to sidneyyoung a lot of cards with good GBA compatibility feature soft reset and backups. Resoldering a battery is about as easy as soldering gets though (wire to wire is the only thing easier).

5. Unchi-san
    OP

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    yeah... do you have to have tools to solder though? I have no experience w/ that