Hacking Any hope for GW3DS on 5.1.0-11U?

ge2kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was in your situation till today, had a 3ds with 5.1 fw, but decided not to wait and got a new 3ds xl for 130eur with fw 4.2. Dont wait, sell what you have and get 3ds with proper fw, good luck!

YottaByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS with 3.0.0 firmware. Will the gateway work on it?

If not, how can I get my 3DS to 4.5? I heard certain games will update it, but what games?

Green Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a 3DS with 3.0.0 firmware. Will the gateway work on it?

No only 3DS in the range of 4.1 to 4.5.

If not, how can I get my 3DS to 4.5? I heard certain games will update it, but what games?

Fire Emblem (US or EUR), Shin Megami Tensei IV (US only) or Animal Crossing: New Leaf (EUR only). I think there are a few more, google :).

EDIT: full list here http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The issue is NOT that the vulnerability was patched, but the fact the memory addresses in use on 5.1+ are different, and they need to determine how much padding they need to align their injected code into the proper memory address that will be blindly executed by the 3DS. Gateway pretty much confirmed that the vulnerability hadn't been patched by Nintendo in all firmwares that were currently released (up until 6.2). Unfortunately, it is a needle in a haystack trying to find the proper memory address that needs to be rewritten to
Do you have a source? I've seen this mentioned, but only as a theory, never as anything GW actually said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess