Homebrew Answer to running DS backups on 3DS without a flashcart?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 20,105
  • Replies 192
  • Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People reallllllllly don't want to buy a flashcart.

And for good reason too - if they didn't have to buy anything else to get on CFW (assuming Ironhax, Menuhax, etc) why should they want to buy a flashcart to play DS games? Instead they can (freely) nag and nag GBATemp to try to make them go into DSi and even GBA mode.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People reallllllllly don't want to buy a flashcart.

And for good reason too - if they didn't have to buy anything else to get on CFW (assuming Ironhax, Menuhax, etc) why should they want to buy a flashcart to play DS games? Instead they can (freely) nag and nag GBATemp to try to make them go into DSi and even GBA mode.
In this case though they have no choice. If they don't want to buy it themselves then they can have someone buy it for them and pay the person the money they spent to buy it for them. To be able to have the complete nintendo ds library of games for only $15 to $20 dollars minus shipping i feel is well worth it considering the prices of some ds games are going up.

Last edited by cvskid,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this case though they have no choice. If they don't want to buy it themselves then they can have someone buy it for them and pay the person the money they spent to buy it for them.
The issue is, there's no way we'll get DS ROM loading, because...
- Person wants to... has no knowledge of 3DS/DSi coding at all (most users here, including me)
- Person wants to, has knowledge of 3DS/DSi coding... still isn't experienced enough (eg Bobesh8)
- Person could but has no interest in doing such a thing
- Person could but is anti piracy (smea)
- Person could but wants people to buy a/their flashcart (Normatt)
- Person could but won't release it (bigger private teams eg SALT)

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is, there's no way we'll get DS ROM loading, because...
- Person wants to... has no knowledge of 3DS/DSi coding at all (most users here, including me)
- Person wants to, has knowledge of 3DS/DSi coding... still isn't experienced enough (eg Bobesh8)
- Person could but has no interest in doing such a thing
- Person could but is anti piracy (smea)
- Person could but wants people to buy a/their flashcart (Normatt)
- Person could but won't release it (bigger private teams eg SALT)
You forgot the people that are clearly capable of learning how, but are too lazy to learn. That's me.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op, have you tried starting a DS game without a DS flash cart? That usually starts my DS games

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: ekiMheT

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op, have you tried starting a DS game without a DS flash cart? That usually starts my DS games

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm not the OP, but I get white screens when you try to start a DS game as DSiWare when you don't have the game in Slot-1.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All those retards shouting to buy a flashcard should get banned from this forum, we've done the impossible over here for years. We made GBA roms run thanks to Ichfly, we made the R4 card work on the 3DS, we made emuNAND possible without flashcards, we made alternative servers to Nintendo WFC, we made 3DS ROMs run on PC... Why is there all out of sudden such skepticism towards new things? We will achieve this and it won't take long.

By all means then, take a swing at it if it's so damn easy. Clearly it should be well within your skill level. On a more serious note, no one without the required knowledge of what's actually involved oughtta be adding their 2 cents in on how "easy" it actually is, because if it was trivial it would have already been done. People say "buy a flashcart" because it isn't trivial to make this work. If you do manage to get this up and running though, within a sane timeframe I'll most certainly eat my words...

Last edited by dubbz82,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the OP, but I get white screens when you try to start a DS game as DSiWare when you don't have the game in Slot-1.
He was being sarcastic...
I dunno maybe this thread will get somewhere with the patcher thing. I've seen the OP in dsi mode threads before he's trying to be helpful instead of being one of THOSE guys...
Inb4 another 'can I has free ds gmz' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I feel like school, back when I was actually in school, was more entertaining though, because of...