Homebrew Answer to running DS backups on 3DS without a flashcart?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 20,068
  • Replies 192
  • Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You do not get it. Most of the people who want DS cias already have flashcarts. But having DSi mode roms running in DSi mode would be awesome. And running them from the home menu without forwarders would also be awesomeeeeeeenBIUCPQbadhlvsf
I guess those things would be nice but it is not worth the effort
buy a flashcart and if you want to have games on the home menu make sure it is compatible with forwarders

D

Deleted User

OP
I guess those things would be nice but it is not worth the effort
Everyone else would disagree with you. There will ALWAYS be someone who will fight for what they want and believe in

Ex. Fix94 and his GameCube on vWii emulation

So unless you have something useful for this forum, please alt+f4 your browser ;)

Last edited by ,

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone else would disagree with you. There will ALWAYS be someone who will fight for what they want and believe in

Ex. Fix94 and his GameCube on vWii emulation
even if what they believe in is completely useless
wanting to run ds roms without a flashcart is like wanting to be able to (insert example where achieving something hard is not worth the advantages (too lazy lol))

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Or just patch code to read code from another location, like the old days of ROM hacking.
See my last post (not the one with the image, the one before that). The short answer: It doesn't work that way.

The slightly longer answer: In the old days of ROM hacking, the DS already had access to the slot 2. In my mind this is comparable to Emunand on the SD: redirecting reads/writes to something the system already has access to. DS games don't have access to the SD.

Everyone seems to think this is easier than it is. It's not simple. Writing an emulator would be easier (but would be unplayable when run on a 3DS). In order to run DS backups without a flashcart, someone would have to essentially rewrite AGB_firm's cartridge emulation, except for the DS. Rewriting AGB_firm would actually be easier since Nintendo already wrote it, and it can be used for reference. That last sentence made it sound easy, but it's not, at all.

Yes there are some Devs that have said that, but everyone else has contributed. Apache Thunder, Yellows8, Robs8, and the rest of GBATemp had contributed and keeps contributing. We can all agree on something - that even though we haven't figured it out yet and it's complicated, we will still figure it out-
Let me stop you right there. You're being a little too optimistic about this. Getting DS backups running without a flashcart is just possible enough for everyone to say it's not impossible, but not any more possible than that. At this point I think it's easier to just round the possibility to "not possible".

One thing I find about GBATemp - we always succeed in the end.
Succeed with what? Before you come up with a list, I can assure you that anything you come up with is easier than getting DS backups without a flashcart.

This quote has probably been overused by now, but it answers the question in the thread title quite nicely.
Well then good luck guessing how to re-write twl firm, sorry but i have seen at least 3 experianced devs go into detail the complexities of what you guys are asking and every time people take nothing from it and just come back with "so what if we just force it to work then" again i have no issue with people fapping over saving $10 but repeating the same question isnt going to make it work, all the top devs around here have said they dont think its worth the effort, so its either you guys learn programming and do it yourselves or start bashing your hands on a keyboard and seeing if what comes out compiles into a full twl firm replacement with sdcard access

I promise I didn't intend to rant when I started writing this post, but I couldn't help myself.

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
omfg plz stop
No, you please stop. People can try to accomplish what they want. There's no need for you to bitch at them for actually trying to accomplish something with their lives, unlike your shit-posts.

Edit: :x

Last edited by shaneod,

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you please stop. People can try to accomplish what they want. There's no need for you to bitch at them for actually trying to accomplish something with their lives, unlike your shit-posts.
@Robz8 doesn't even know what a bot is and @SirBeethoven keeps cherry-picking the same idea even though people keep telling him it won't work
these people are laughable and won't acomplish anything
a flashcart is only £10
if you really need/want to run ds backups without a flashcart then look here instead https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-72

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by hacksn5s4,
Reactions: Deleted User
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum