SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A subpoena to YouTube, already approved, demands data to identify who watched the video and “documents reproducing all records or usernames and IP addresses that have posted or published comments in response to the video.”

THIS IS WHY

So maliciously gathering the private information of 1000s of people is now seen as "protecting their intelletctual property?"

F***ing really?

We are a site full of pirates. This effects us all. Where does it end? When will Sony come to GBAtemp demanding the information of everyone who posted topics related to PS3 modding, hacking or CFW?

Mark my words. The outcome of this battle will have dire consequences for us all.

Ser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Sorry, but they didn't do jack shit to Scientology.
They protested wearing stupid masks and caused a headache for a little bit, then stopped.

Joined JUST so I could correct you on this matter.
http://www.whyweprotest.net/
Anon is still alive, kicking, and quite enjoying their protests. They haven't stopped and aren't likely to.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Downloads LOIC* ....I wonder when we get to fire our lazors....

And Yea....I saw this coming from a mile away.....but its almost refreshing to see its finally here....
Now all we need is a Fawx news report on it....

*sorry I used to spend allot of time at 4chan before I started coming here*

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Specifically they have targeted a young hacker named GeoHot. He is being sued by the company after his home was raided earlier this month.

lolwut
his home was never raided

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Their protests are nothing more than that, they always end up looking stupid for even bothering to get involved, especially when Westboro Baptist and Scientology are concerned.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
*Downloads LOIC* ....I wonder when we get to fire our lazors....

And Yea....I saw this coming from a mile away.....but its almost refreshing to see its finally here....
Now all we need is a Fawx news report on it....

*sorry I used to spend allot of time at 4chan before I started coming here*

Its only a matter of time.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
QUOTE said:
A subpoena to YouTube, already approved, demands data to identify who watched the video and “documents reproducing all records or usernames and IP addresses that have posted or published comments in response to the video.”

THIS IS WHY

So maliciously gathering the private information of 1000s of people is now seen as "protecting their intelletctual property?"

F***ing really?

We are a site full of pirates. This effects us all. Where does it end? When will Sony come to GBAtemp demanding the information of everyone who posted topics related to PS3 modding, hacking or CFW?

Mark my words. The outcome of this battle will have dire consequences for us all.
Not everyone here is a pirate you know.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:

Yeah, I'm sure most of this site's traffic comes from people looking to play homebrew games
rolleyes.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Sheaperd121 said:

Yeah, I'm sure most of this site's traffic comes from people looking to play homebrew games
rolleyes.gif
People pirate. I've bet some people here have probably pirated something, but you can't say everyone here is a pirate.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:
SPH73 said:
Sheaperd121 said:

rolleyes.gif
People pirate. I've bet some people here have probably pirated something, but you can't say everyone here is a pirate.

Stop trying to drag this off topic.

Also, look at the most popular sections on this forum. People come here for piracy information and ROM/ISO release info.

Deal with it.

Maybe not everyone is a pirate, but most people here are. And I'm sure you've never downloaded anything protected by the DMCA, right?
rolleyes.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Sheaperd121 said:
SPH73 said:
Sheaperd121 said:

rolleyes.gif

Stop trying to drag this off topic.

Also, look at the most popular sections on this forum. People come here for piracy information and ROM/ISO release info.

Deal with it.

Maybe not everyone is a pirate, but most people here are. And I'm sure you've never downloaded anything protected by the DMCA, right?
rolleyes.gif
And I'm sure you haven't either
rolleyes.gif

But let's get back on topic.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A> my hands clap for anonymous as they do something good now
B> George Hotz is state-legal in my point of view
C> the ps3 is more like a personal computer
D> i hate sony
and finally
E> Go Anonymous GO!
and i'll go get my popcorn to see how this will play out

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Anonymous is not nearly as large as they think and does not have nearly as much power as they think they do. While it is a good effort, they need to do a little fact-checking (it was graf that had his house raided, geohot was ordered by the court to hand over his drives) and perhaps think of other ways to be effective.

Wintrale said:
Lulz... Sony protecting their intellectual property now equates to them throwing a bitchfit.
rolleyes.gif
Do you want a repeat of this thread or something?
tongue.gif

That sentence is inherently flawed. It does not take the entire situation into account, only the perceived goals. You've already been yelled at for doing that multiple threads (including the one I posted where pretty much everybody mocked you), that should be a hint that what you continue to post is not correct... Yet you continue to post it.

My conclusion is you are purposely trying to instigate people. You are repeatedly stating your assessment of the situation and what you think of as facts, after they've been disproven (or debunked) by multiple people in multiple threads.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder what they are going to do. Just protest or go on a massive hack spree.

But anyways, I called this right at the beginning. If Sony didn't fix their attitude, there's going to be a backlash whether they won. No matter what happened, if they won or lost, something is going to happen with Sony.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Anonymous is not nearly as large as they think and does not have nearly as much power as they think they do. While it is a good effort, they need to do a little fact-checking (it was graf that had his house raided, geohot was ordered by the court to hand over his drives) and perhaps think of other ways to be effective.

Wintrale said:
Lulz... Sony protecting their intellectual property now equates to them throwing a bitchfit.
rolleyes.gif
Do you want a repeat of this thread or something?
tongue.gif

That sentence is inherently flawed. It does not take the entire situation into account, only the perceived goals. You've already been yelled at for doing that multiple threads (including the one I posted where pretty much everybody mocked you), that should be a hint that what you continue to post is not correct... Yet you continue to post it.

My conclusion is you are purposely trying to instigate people. You are repeatedly stating your assessment of the situation and what you think of as facts, after they've been disproven (or debunked) by multiple people in multiple threads.

Rydian for President.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMO if Sony screws this up once more, I swear to God...

But yeah some physical protests would be good, but then again not every adult would listen to

"In other news, Anonymous have protested Sony for being fucking dickheads about their console being hacked."

"Sony made a console? What the fuck is 'hacked'?"

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't go to that site or Sony might subpoena to get your IP Address and sue you.

This post is sarcasm seeing some people cant tell.​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.