1. 9,289

Front-page

Nintendo has been enjoying quietly dropping new videos as of late, with another surprise Nintendo Direct Mini making waves today. The Partner Showcase revealed numerous new release dates and game titles, ranging from Story of Seasons, to Bravely Default II. Major announcements include Control: Ultimate Edition, which has just launched on the Nintendo Switch, as a cloud version, and Hitman 3 which will also be playable through the cloud as well. Ubisoft’s Immortals: Fenyx Rising has locked in a launch of December 3rd, while Square Enix’s Bravely Default II faces a slight delay into 2021, with a new release date of February 26th.

The news continues with the announcement of Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, which brings an all new farming adventure to the console on March 26th. The No More Heroes series saw the major reveal of not just a new release window for the third entry, but also the existence of Nintendo Switch ports of No More Heroes 1 and 2, which were originally available on the Nintendo Wii. Kirby developers HAL Laboratory have a new game to show off called Part Time UFO, which is already on the eShop. Arriving today on the eShop alongside it is a demo for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which you can grab right now, to experience part of the game ahead of its November 20th official launch.

And of course, you can’t forget the latest Bakugan game, which was previously teased and announced by Wayforward in a previous Direct. Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia launches November 6th for the Nintendo Switch.

2. Discussion (82 replies)

3. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    This was amazing.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Looking forward to NMH! I never got around to playing those growing up!

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Didn't expect a mini direct

6. GCS

GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    I wonder how the cloud games will be like.

7. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

Nigeria
    The only thing I care about is Bravely Default 2, which I'm happy finally got a release date.

8. Silent_Gunner

United States
    It depends on the quality of the server, where it's located, and a whole bunch of other things. For example, I heard the Switch port of RE7 is terrible...if you don't live in Japan, as the game is streamed from the a server in the country, and they don't have the infrastructure for that over here or in Europe, as it turns out.

Think of it working kind of like that Shadow PC Game streaming service, if I'm remembering their name right.

Scott_pilgrim and GCS like this.
  9. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    No more Heroes could be fun. Never tried this games.

But boy some games look so bad! At Tropico I though my Video Quality dropped to 240p.
    And other games too.... or some games like story of seasons are stuttering.

10. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Fuck these cloud ports. Just stop. Jesus... It requires a solid connection to whatever cheap ass server they use.

Wavy, Tyvar1, Henx and 4 others like this.
  11. the_randomizer

United States
    Cloud gaming is such a cop out. I hope cloud gaming as a concept dies an ignominious death.

Tyvar1, wartutor, osaka35 and 5 others like this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

United States
    I agree.

If a company can't port the current game to the Switch, why not port older games? I know there's 5 other Hitman games before they took a drink of the Chronologically Confused variety and rebooted it with these new games. Like, imagine if Bandai-Namco ported Soul Calibur II HD Online to Switch, and it came with Link in addition to Heihachi and Spawn? It'd be the most complete version of the game!

I think people would be fine with ports of previous versions of games to their system, because why else would Capcom make a version of SF2 HD REMIX with two additional characters and then port the Anniversary collection over?

While I'm impressed with the port of MK11 being able to run at all on the Switch, I think a game running MK more smoothly like MK9 and/or MKX would've been better. If they couldn't renew the licenses for the guests on that one (more of a problem for MKX than MK9), then just release it without them, or make the NPC's in MKX playable to replace them.

Tyvar1, Azael_inf, Dartz150 and 5 others like this.
  13. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    It's so frustrating. PSO2 did the same damn thing but they released a full port for the Vita? THE FUCKING VITA. The RE7 cloud port was a joke. There's no reason. Either give us the game or don't. No cloud based ports that you will never own in any regard.

Tyvar1, Henx, felix.200 and 3 others like this.
  14. the_randomizer

United States
    It's bullshit decisions like that which make me never feel bad for pirating their games.

osaka35 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  15. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Oooh, hyrule warriors demo eh? Interesting!
    It'll be the only way I can play it so I'll make sure to enjoy it ☺️

osaka35, Dartz150 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  16. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    There's nothing wrong with cloud gaming by itself - it reduces hardware expenses, is truly multiplatform (you can buy one game and play it on anything without interruptions), and offers unprecedented portability without compromises as far as AAA goes. The technology and infrastructure isn't up to the task yet, but once we get to faster mobile internet and better ISP offerings (latter is mostly US-specific problem), cloud gaming will solidify itself at the very least.

..although Switch is still a piss-poor device for cloud gaming, so I dunno what they were thinking with these ports, lol.

Last edited by Pipistrele, Oct 28, 2020
  17. the_randomizer

United States
    Like I said, it's just lazy. Not everyone has access to fast internet in the US, the infrastructure sucks

osaka35 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  18. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    That's why it's not up to par yet, and stuff needs to improve a bit before blowing up. Besides, it's mostly a US problem, and US isn't the only place in the world - in fact, cloud gaming sounds like a killer option for places like Eastern Europe and South Asia, where hardware is expensive as heck, but internet is good and cheap.

medoli900 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  19. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Do we know if these cloud games have save share with PC? If yes, that could be the best of both worlds.

20. the_randomizer

United States
    Gee, it sounds like a match made in heaven /s

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  21. Silent_Gunner

United States
    And just think, if Putin were to ever expand his nation to include dominating the Eastern European countries, he totally wouldn't control what games people would be allowed to play on said streaming services, if people would be allowed to have Internet at all in the first place. It's not like he invaded the Ukraine or anything...oh wait...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, October, reveals