1. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah, that's really stopping streaming Game Pass on multiple platforms from being successful...

I think a lot of it is in how they present it. I'm a PlayStation fan, but PlayStation Now was a sad forgotten attempt at streaming out of the gate. No one ever talks about it, even when it launched there was no hype or anything. Google launched Stadia and no one cared, it was laughed at. Microsoft launched the Xcloud and people have been supporting it and excited for it for quite some time because Microsoft has proven to be quite serious about it with a ton of games available to stream from the start and quite fluidly at that, they aren't half-assing it like others have.

Last edited by MikaDubbz, Oct 29, 2020
  2. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    * 15-20 USD with PC save share I would pay.

* 30 USD with a upgrade to digital on the next system, sure.

* 40+ with no concessions, fuck that!

Nintendo's online service is already lackluster as is. What do we get? Free C-tier games, a classic game once in a while and extended demos of A-tier games?! It's a load of bullshit!

Larsenic and the_randomizer like this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I just bought no more heroes 1 and 2. I remember playing the first one or rather pirating it and playing it. ;) it was really fun with the wiimote. I didn't watch the direct, but both are on sale for 10% off. I also bought oceanhorn 2 when it was a preorder sale earlier today. I managed to get it before it went back to full price, since it was available to play until midday sometime. 10% off that as well. I just need to download the nsp of the no more heroes games, possibly tomorrow.

4. HylianBran

HylianBran Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism

United States
    Are there other games that haven't been announced to be in the direct, or is this it?

5. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    As if Russian government/army has resources and opportunity to usurp half the continent (when even annexation of one city backfired so hard our currency plummeted twice). As if Roskomnadzor is any competent at internet censorship. As if Russian people don't know how to use VPN. As if you need cloud services to censor games/media in the first place. As if Putin will live forever, and not die in 10-20 years or so due to gradually declining health. As if downloadable copies would somehow prevent censorship if Kremlin decided to ban vidjagames for real. As if they have an option to disable internet, with most of the nation's infrastructure being too tied to international services to do DPRK-style lockdown without economy collapsing outright. As if videogames would be on people's minds if massive European war or web lockdown ever start.

...I can keep nitpicking this post for a couple pages, but "cloud services suck for Eastern Europe because Putin bad" is arguably one of the dumbest conclusions I've read on GBATemp this year, no offense. Eastern Europe may as well swear off Spotify/Netflix and roll the way back to analogue VHS tapes, because God forbid Putin decides to do bad thing in the future =)

That said, I do understand the concerns as far as preservation and censorship goes, and cloud gaming pretty much does suck in that regard. In reality, greedy publishers are way more effective at killing their own games than any existing government, so that's one of those global problems that should be solved for cloud gaming to thrive.

Last edited by Pipistrele, Oct 29, 2020
  6. Larsenic

Larsenic Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Sad to see a trend towards cloud releases. First of all, it's incredibly lazy, and if this is the strategy of third party AAA developers for the future of the switch then I believe cellphones and Xbox will eat Nintendo for breakfast. I mean, I love my switch, and I very much prefer that it becomes the 'dreaded' port machine many seem to hate than become just another tablet where I could stream games.
    One of the things I like the most about the switch, and what really changed the way I play is the freedom and convenience it delivers. I double dipped on a lot of games that were gathering dust in my PC backlog and finally managed to finish them on the switch, because I can play on my terms, I don't need to sit on a desktop or require an internet conection for a 15 or 20 minute session.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    convenience is the reason I like the switch as well. I don't have to worry about a bunch of cables when moving from room to room. however, it kinda pisses me off with how negligent nintendo is being regarding their fanbase. they seem to care only about people pirating their content, when that percentage is very low. and, the porting stuff is growing tiresome, almost as if nintendo wants to show no effort. I'm a legit user, so wtf nintendo?

DerpDingus and Silent_Gunner like this.
  8. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Are there motion controls in the Switch version of No More Heroes?

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I haven't gone to my switch as of yet. I bought them on the pc.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

though, my guess would be probably. that was one of the big selling points with it on the wii. I'm not sure how that might translate to a pro controller. I found the controls in both captain toad and odyssey to be clumsy with the pro controller.

10. P_H_I

P_H_I Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wanted to pop in and say the NMH ports are incredibly high quality. Optional motion controls for both, frame rate is miles ahead of any other version (NMH2 never got a 60fps patch on Dolphin so this even beats emulation), and some minor QoL tweaks (Travis gets a speedboost when using power-ups in the second game for instance). Load times are much better, they don't anti-alias the fuck out of everything on screen, and 95% of the time it's much better than OG (only issue I could find was that Ryuji's bike fight is somehow even more jank).

It isn't emulated: https://twitter.com/EngineSoftware/status/1321553156900327424?s=20

Apparently there's a couple sound errors (as in they accidentally used a wrong sound effect in a certain place) but they're currently responding to all complaints, I imagine if you have any issues it'll get patched.

These are absolutely worth $20 each.

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    good to know, if they ever make a physical edition of 1 +2 i will get it.

ChicoPancho likes this.
  12. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    for anyone who didn't watch the direct, bravely default 2 is available for preorder (even on the eshop), but they're doing the same thing that they've been doing where an eshop preorder can be cancelled up to 7 days prior to release; then, it becomes a preloaded title where it will download to your system, and you'll no longer be able to cancel the preorder. they've been doing that for the past few months. I know that xenoblade chronicles and cold steel 3 downloaded to my system two or three months prior to release.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i see no reason to preorder an online download... seriously you gain nothing, its not like its gonna sold out, if you wait afew extra minutes to download it when you actually buy it its not the end of the world... seriously pre ordering digital games is a thing i will never understand...

14. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    if you want to be pragmatic about it, there's even less reason to preorder something physical. it's not going to make more appear magically. it's already been said that not everyone who preordered a ps5, for example, will be getting one on launch day. plus, the eshop does offer preorder bonuses like dlc as well as discounts.

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    its not pragmatic to per order physical where im from, you get 15% discount on any pre ordered game on my country phsycialy so you save some money, on e shop you just pay full price never saw an eshop pre order with 15% so i see no reason lol.and i doubt this game will have free dlc or discount on eshop pre orders.

16. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    i dont like it at all even for future but i dont think its cop out.
    the organizations doing it are starting and competing for the future when internet will be so ubiquitous that gaming on cloud will be the same gameplay wise (input latency, visual quality) as gaming on dedicated hardware at home.

17. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    well, conditions are a bit different for me. I'm on disability, so I can't have more than 2 grand in my payee account. after a fiasco with paypal, I've put all of my money into that payee account. I need to spend money or I won't get disability, so I have several games preordered. it would be physical, but part of my disability is not being very steady on my feet. I was afraid of dropping the switch, and it's too dark to let it sit on the dock while changing carts. I'm selling my last few switch games on ebay. after that, I'll probably have around the $1,400 mark. I get $522/month, so I need to be careful now. I help to buy groceries sometimes, but that may not be enough. this is cutting it close. I plan to get on full disability once my 3 years are up, which will be around June/July of next year, since my condition is permanent.

18. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    lazy bad news.
    no more heroes 3 should be a graphically stunning series x, ps5 and pc exclusive.
    publishers and even devs these times think that its okay to release something that looks like a low end fan game.
    cheap, lazy, bad, lousy. rubbish.
    no this post is not joking.

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i wish my problem is having a limit of 2 grand on my bank account, i never had that much ever lol where i live i gain like 650 euros monthly and after paying expenses and everything if i get 100 euros free is too much, so i dont save much, becuase there comes a car bill and there goes 400 euros out of the window and so on, i think the mx i ever had on my account was like 1300 at one point and after paying 800 for car engine repiar i was back to low again.

i only preorder if its a game i really really care about, i just get most games used on ebay or amazon after afew months after release, or new when our local retailers do some good promotions, like a week ago there was all pokemon games 50% off it was pretty good deal.

i dont buy digital games becuasei always find them cheaper used or just in promotion and im not much of an indie gamer, so i mostly play normal retail releases only with few exceptions.

godreborn likes this.
  20. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    well, it's kinda embarrassing for me, because I have to live with my parents, and I'm nearly 40. once they pass, I'll have to live with my sister. the money is mostly so I don't have to bother them with something I want . when I quit my last job, I was okay for about six months, but then I had no money. it took 29 months in total to get on disability (rejected twice until I got a lawyer).

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, October, reveals