ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TitleDB.com - 3DS Homebrew Title Database

Service Discontinued - 12/21/18

Sorry guys, but there's too much risk involved with keeping this going anymore. People continued to try to upload commercial games, which has become especially problematic after the TLS1.2 workaround that effectively left everything being served from TDB bandwidth instead of being redirected off-site.

The source is still up on GitHub (https://github.com/ksanislo/titledb) if anyone else wants to continue the project. Shoot me a message if you have any questions.

Thanks to everybody who contributed with testing and debugging, or just for ideas and pointing out the bugs!

----------

The MOST COMPLETE homebrew CIA index on the internet.

Users are encouraged to add any missing homebrew title that isn't already in the list, all you need to provide is a link to a .cia or .zip/.rar/.z7 archive containing a cia file. Title information will be extracted and indexed automatically.

To install directly via QR code, click the small blue QR icon next to the URL. If it doesn't work, check that you aren't blocking any required javascript hosts.

Primary features:
  • Direct user submission of titles.
  • ZERO advertising, ever! Because advertising is lame.
  • Direct install via QR code, even for compressed archives.
  • Support for nearly all file hosting service (except google drive, direct links time out)
  • Automated information gathering and verification.
  • Genuine proxy support for compressed archives, not just an unofficial mirror. (This one is for the devs!)
  • Real extracted application icons, not github images (RAW via JSON, PNG via GET)
  • Automatic updating of github links to follow the latest release.
  • Automatic rescan for changes to any existing release URLs even if they're not github.
  • Backend is fully operable via JSON commands and provides JSON results, designed for easy 3rd party use.
  • Tracking of linked application modification times (to the best of ability allowed by HTTP), allowing proper updater support with third party apps.

For developers:
Known issues:
  • GitHub projects that only have "pre-release" releases can't be added yet. The backend automatically skips pre-release entries, I'll try making some changes to allow listing of pre-releases if no full release can be found soon.
  • Dropbox links won't automatically rescan when updated. Their servers don't provide the required functionality to tell if remote files have been changed without a full download.
  • 3rd party servers without support for the HTTP Content-Range: header won't be listed. I'll see if I can add some limited support around this soon.
  • Mega.nz isn't supported. While there's no real problem with supporting the encryption, only QRWebLoader can handle installing direct from MEGA, and FBI is by far the most common installer in use.

Our web interface isn't the prettiest thing out there, but sometimes looks aren't everything. There's a new UI coming, and if you'd like to help let me know! If you have any problems listing your creations, or installing via QR from the site, please inform me right away.

Wii U Update Blocking DNS Servers:

Two of the TitleDB.com nameservers have been configured to block updates for the Wii U and allow open use from the internet. Check this thread in the Wii U section for more info.

Los Angeles, USA: 168.235.092.108
Alblasserdam, NL: 081.004.127.020

Last edited by ksanislo,

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ksanislo,
Reactions: Raylight
D

Deleted User

Found some homebrew stuff I didn't even know existed by looking at the list; nice job! The fact that users can add to the database is a good idea.

I have a suggestion: when clicking onto other pages, the page doesn't automatically go back to the top. I think it would be more intuitive and easier to navigate if it did that; that way users wouldn't have to scroll up and then scroll back down just to go to the next page.

EDIT: And for some reason going from page 1 to 2 (or any page past that) resizes the page a bit? Not sure if that's on my end or whatever, but after I'm on page 2 and onwards the page and assets stay the same size.

Last edited by ,

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found some homebrew stuff I didn't even know existed by looking at the list; nice job! The fact that users can add to the database is a good idea.

I have a suggestion: when clicking onto other pages, the page doesn't automatically go back to the top. I think it would be more intuitive and easier to navigate if it did that; that way users wouldn't have to scroll up and then scroll back down just to go to the next page.

EDIT: And for some reason going from page 1 to 2 (or any page past that) resizes the page a bit? Not sure if that's on my end or whatever, but after I'm on page 2 and onwards the page and assets stay the same size.

URL length makes wrapping a bit strange, I'll see what I can do about that... The reset to the top is probably not what we really want here though, it might be better to limit the count per page to avoid the scrolling. I've got some ideas how to clean it up, but to be perfectly honest I don't really know WTF I'm doing with the web interface. It's actually my first attempt at an AJAX/JavaScript based interface, and my first try at web dev in general in at least 10 years. I'm still trying to find volunteers that know more about this side of things.

Reactions: Deleted User

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, need a program that will extract the archive to SD and install the CIA contained. Otherwise you can't add homebrew like ScummVM that needs files on the SD card.

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, need a program that will extract the archive to SD and install the CIA contained. Otherwise you can't add homebrew like ScummVM that needs files on the SD card.

Definitely... I've been putting most of my limited free time into the backend for this thing, but I'd love to see someone else whip up some 3rd party home-brew that can take advantage of the data that's made available via the API. And I'm entirely willing to extend the backend of this system in any manner that will help it be more useful for anyone who wants it to do more.

Owarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to make a suggestion: maybe make a link to a description or the readme of the apps? Because the current description field doesn't really show anything other than the title itself (for most apps). If that would be implemented, it would be much more easier (for me :D) to use!

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to make a suggestion: maybe make a link to a description or the readme of the apps? Because the current description field doesn't really show anything other than the title itself (for most apps). If that would be implemented, it would be much more easier (for me :D) to use!

The description as shown is the long name/description from the SMDH data. Since all data is extracted from the CIA file that the site was linked, there's no better alternative source for that information. My best recommendation is unfortunately just to find the Author of the application or game and ask them to fill in data while producing their .cia builds, or file a bug report for their project on github.

D

Deleted User

The description as shown is the long name/description from the SMDH data. Since all data is extracted from the CIA file that the site was linked, there's no better alternative source for that information. My best recommendation is unfortunately just to find the Author of the application or game and ask them to fill in data while producing their .cia builds, or file a bug report for their project on github.
The problem is, that field isn't intended for a description. If you put one there, that description will show instead of the title wherever the long title is used in the 3DS UI, such as, I believe, the top screen when an application is suspended.

Last edited by ,

Owarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I meant maybe add another field for the link to a readme or something similar.

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, that field isn't intended for a description. If you put one there, that description will show instead of the title wherever the long title is used in the 3DS UI, such as, I believe, the top screen when an application is suspended.

Yeah, I understand that, and it's also only 128 characters, but there isn't an alternative place to store full text descriptions in the CIA that i'm aware of, so using a long name of "Application - An application that does X" doesn't seem to be the worst solution for keeping everything together, there's a decent few apps that already list similarly.

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I meant maybe add another field for the link to a readme or something similar.

I guess I could make a user-modifiable field that is just blank by default for everything except github, but it should probably wait until I've added an authentication system of some sort to prevent it from being defaced.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I understand that, and it's also only 128 characters, but there isn't an alternative place to store full text descriptions in the CIA that i'm aware of, so using a long name of "Application - An application that does X" doesn't seem to be the worst solution for keeping everything together, there's a decent few apps that already list similarly.
Good idea. I've modified buildtools to include the description in the long title as mentioned.

One suggestion I have is to also parse the version from the CIA, especially for use by homebrew management applications. I just added proper CIA version support to buildtools as well, and it can be parsed into a nice major.minor.micro format for viewing as specified here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Titles#Versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...