1. ksanislo

OP ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A change log would be nice, but it would be GitHub specific, and even then it wouldn't necessarily be valid information unless moderators wanted to chase and fill everything in manually. I'll give this more consideration after there's a way for people other than me to be doing all this stuff. Either way, FBI is going to need a substantial rewrite of the parts that work with TDB in order to handle the new API first.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Okay then, as long as consideration is being consulted into the possibility, is okay enough for me. Thank you kind sir. :)

If i have any other ideas i will share.

3. ksanislo

OP ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Please do!

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    This is why I prefer using Homebr3w, and tolerate that 216+ icon caching at startup. I use it to update all my homebrew apps to their latest versions once a day.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I understand, but i figure adding it to FBI is important. We already have such neat features for the app, and it does so much, making it the definite app to always have mostly for installing CIA and file management, but not needing to install other apps that already do the same thing, just cause one does it better, even though it can be added to the popular app, adding another title app to home menu adding to the fustration of the title 300 limit occupying space for something else you could also have be doing the same thing.

I think homebrew apps should be limited to loading from Homebrew loader for the reason of the 300 limit not to occupy something more preferred. I know is easier to just have homebrew on home menu and more convient to load which is fine, but adding more apps that can do the same thing instead of improving the already existing app is something i don't quite get.

If FBI installer already can.

• Manage files
    • download homebrew to cia
    • manage save data for Game cards (3DS and NDS, which not even JKSM can yet)
    • Other useful features but main one is install CIA FILES
    You don't really need JKSM Or Homebr3w you mentioned. Just improve those features into the already MOST USED POPULAR APP and you managed to make it better and save two other titles on your home meun from doing the same thing.

That was my point of the comment i made about the update homebrew change log situation. If anything if people still wish to use the apps like JKSM i think should just use it with HBL for the sake of not occupying space on home screen. :P

Additional note, Propably to FBI installer DEV, is it possible to maybe add a option to download the file to use with Homebrew loader instead of mandatory install as cia? That be really good to know. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Feb 5, 2017
    Jayro likes this.
  6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    Hopefully FBI will also incorporate the Luma Locale Switcher, since it already uses the FBI interface. Seems like a really easy standalone app to merge with FBI.

7. ksanislo

OP ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In case anybody wants to poke around in the admin and give suggestions on how this can be improved, you can take a look at where things are currently at here:
    https://titledb.com/admin/

Source/config for the admin is under: https://github.com/ksanislo/TitleDB/tree/master/titledb/static/admin

If you have a moderator login, you should hit https://3ds.titledb.com/v1/login first to set the required cookies in your browser for write perms. Otherwise it's just read-only since the backend won't accept unauthorized changes.

Last edited by ksanislo, Feb 5, 2017
    Ryuzaki_MrL likes this.
  8. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    How long does it take for an app to pop up on the list? I've submitted Themely twice a few hours ago (both submissions were distant from each other) but the app isn't on the list yet.

App link: http://app.3dsthem.es/release/latest/Themely.cia

9. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    if you only submitted a few hours ago... wait and be patient :)
    the list might not be updated automatically so that means someone has to do it manually, sometimes people sleep and are busy!

10. ksanislo

OP ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This should be fixed now, your app had actually been manually delisted previously while it was the beta version, so it wasn't being re-added automatically.

erman1337 likes this.
  11. Kushan

Kushan Newbie
    Newcomer

The SSL certificate for the site has just expired, looks like LE didn't update it.

12. ksanislo

OP ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Basically, yeah. New cert was generated, but nginx didn't get reloaded to bring it up. It should be back to normal now.

Kushan likes this.
  13. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Could you check what's up with the three and counting slightly modified reuploads of my VC injection (7 Grand Dad) people "accidentally" uploaded to a homebrew app store? :)

14. ksanislo

OP ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for pointing this out, I've delisted them all now.

15. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Alright. I had to try a crapton of sites to upload a file from but eventually I settled on Github. Just to let you know if there are like 7 upload requests of the same thing on your end, sorry.

Last edited by Halvorsen, Jun 24, 2017
  16. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Hey @ksanislo, could you please remove Smash Selector from the database? It was uploaded to a Dropbox account so all efforts to replace it on my side failed, thanks.

17. Paige1993ful

Paige1993ful Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Does that mean that we won't be able to get bootntr selector, pksm, Rtchanger and many more?

18. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    Someone on Nintendo Homebrew Discord is working on a replacement.
    He's a very capable fellow.

Paige1993ful likes this.
  19. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    even if there wasnt any more of this later. You are still more than able to get ahold of those titles without this database.

Paige1993ful likes this.
  20. Paige1993ful

Paige1993ful Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    True

Last edited by Paige1993ful, Jan 2, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Announcement], Homebrew, Database