Homebrew Anime is so powerful it can hack Wii U's.

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Haxchi on 5.5.1 spoofed to 5.5.2, and DNS blocking. I want to install this to have as a secondary entry point...

I've installed the app, but do you guys think I should skip the update to the app or let it get the latest update to this particular app? QTA hasn't said either way.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Haxchi on 5.5.1 spoofed to 5.5.2, and DNS blocking. I want to install this to have as a secondary entry point...

I've installed the app, but do you guys think I should skip the update to the app or let it get the latest update to this particular app? QTA hasn't said either way.

The updated does nothing useful, it only patches the exploit; you can still play online, use the eShop with NNU Patcher. There is literally nothing new, 5.5.1 is the safest bet.

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The updated does nothing useful, it only patches the exploit; you can still play online, use the eShop with NNU Patcher. There is literally nothing new, 5.5.1 is the safest bet.
Thanks for the response! I was actually asking if it is recommended that I update the Crunchyroll app or skip the update to the Crunchyroll app? I'm planning to stay on 5.5.1, but want to keep my options open. I remember one of the 3DS hacks required that you have the original DSi game from the eShop without the update to that particular game. I'll probably keep the original version of the Crunchyroll app and wait to see what QTA says when he finishes his exploit. Thanks again!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! I was actually asking if it is recommended that I update the Crunchyroll app or skip the update to the Crunchyroll app? I'm planning to stay on 5.5.1, but want to keep my options open. I remember one of the 3DS hacks required that you have the original DSi game from the eShop without the update to that particular game. I'll probably keep the original version of the Crunchyroll app and wait to see what QTA says when he finishes his exploit. Thanks again!

The hack won't be out for a while, it's hard to say. You don't have to be on 5.5.2 for the eShop, but you do need NNU Patcher to get on there.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Update for Crunchyroll was already released when an eventual entry point has been discovered. Nothing has been published this far, I doubt they already patched it, so I'll say it's safe to update it using the current update.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it safe to assume that it would be primary? The only reason people are now looking into new exploits is because users with 5.5.2 without haxchi have no access to homebrew due to the only primary (browser) being patched. No real point in them looking for a secondary.

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed this app.
Does anyone know if I should apply the update to the app? The initial app took like one minute to download. The patch to the app is taking 25 minutes to download. I’m mainly concerned that the update would patch a vulnerability.

D

Deleted User

Damn, Crunchyroll got some sketchy advertisers.

(Hint hint if you're all reading: Adverts are loaded over HTTP.)
Yes, I tried a MP4 exploit for HBL, but it freezes, as does the kexploit, so Nintendo wasn't that easy. I'm guessing the people doing this exploit are just finding the right offsets now and doing stuff so it's not as ehhhhh as it is rn (I have to reload the videos sometimes because it connects to different ad servers)

Reactions: smileyhead

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom

Yes, I tried a MP4 exploit for HBL, but it freezes, as does the kexploit, so Nintendo wasn't that easy. I'm guessing the people doing this exploit are just finding the right offsets now and doing stuff so it's not as ehhhhh as it is rn (I have to reload the videos sometimes because it connects to different ad servers)

Mines hotter, just you wait a second.

Reactions: Deleted User

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy

That's because i don't think that Crunchyroll has a JIT Area, so we need a ROP chain with userland + kernel

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Gonna quickly jump in here and say that I have no such reservations about ROP; and in fact I wouldn't even be the first to do such a thing (already being done in Smash by someone else). Let's not get ahead of ourselves though; exploiting this bug is totally different to browserhax since it's a heap overflow rather than a stack one, which makes it significantly harder to get code exec at all.

D

Deleted User

Gonna quickly jump in here and say that I have no such reservations about ROP; and in fact I wouldn't even be the first to do such a thing (already being done in Smash by someone else). Let's not get ahead of ourselves though; exploiting this bug is totally different to browserhax since it's a heap overflow rather than a stack one, which makes it significantly harder to get code exec at all.
We believe in you but please don't worry too hard if it doesn't work, we understand :3

Reactions: THATISRIGHT

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update for Crunchyroll was already released when an eventual entry point has been discovered. Nothing has been published this far, I doubt they already patched it, so I'll say it's safe to update it using the current update.
That makes sense...thanks!

sealeyboi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your saying someone is trying to exploit Smash Wii U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit