Wii U With Tiramisu Freezing Even After Uninstalling Tiramisu

Tragicwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete noob here when it comes to game/mod forums and hacking. I have read many threads and have not yet found anything that is similar to my issue. Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but if so, could any of you kindly redirect me to the solution? Thank you

Please keep in mind that I will try my best to remember exactly what I did and saw, but this issue has been reoccurring for about five months already.

Here is the non-TLTR Version of my issue: I successfully installed Tiramisu, installed a home brew app (WUP Installer GX I think was the name) to install games from external drive, failed to get the app to work (got some errors, cant remember what), gave up and tried playing a disc game of my own, Wii U began to freeze shortly after launching any channel/application.

Here is the full detailed version of my issue: I successfully installed Tiramisu after following this YouTube tutorial [] and then followed this one shortly after []. I then installed WUP Installer GX through Home Brew channel because I wanted to install games from my external drive (or my SD Card in my case). After following some steps I read online (sorry, its hard to remember from where I read them) I began to run into some install errors, I cant remember exactly what they were, but the main thing was that I couldn't install games from my SD Card. I had reached a point where I was like "at least its modded", so I restarted my Wii U, put in my The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD disc and launched it. After about five minutes I realized that the "pre-loading screen(?)" had been on my screen for too long. I force shutdown my Wii U and launched the game again, this time I got past that screen and reached the main menu, only this time the screen froze on the "Controller Selection" screen, but I could still hear the music and see the "selected" border animation around "Wii U Gamepad". I got tired of messing around with my Wii U so I shut it down and let it be for a day or two, I came back to it and the issue remained the same no matter what application I launched.

Things I tried: Uninstalled Tiramisu (had to floor it before my Wii U froze), use my Wii U with the SD Card I used to mod it, deleted a game update on my download manager, only use the game pad with nothing else connected to my Wii U, formatting my Wii U (this one couldnt initiate because my Wii U freezes before the format begins), tried launching into Tiramisu as I suspected that it didnt fully get uninstalled but nothing popped up so my guess is that Tiramisu successfully got uninstalled.

I will try a few other things in the meantime like deleting any browser data and launching the Mii Maker since that is another method I know of to launch the Home Brew app.

I kinda regret trading my OG Wii U for an OG Xbox that has a bad OD, but rip...fuck my ass man...

Again, I am sorry if this has been solved, but I have been looking everywhere and I havent really found anything that has helped me.

One more thing, I am considering buying another Wii U (I know, right) just to get rid off all the fuss, but if mine is salvageable then I wont need to buy another one.

Tragicwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens when you bounce around the net following youtube video tutorials. Use the actual tutorial online and start over. Hopefully it corrects whatever you borked:

Read it slow, follow it to a tee. Don't rush it.
I'll look into it, hopefully my Wii U doesn't freeze up during the process. But thank you, I only used that site once when I jailbroke and homebrewed my 3DS and DSi, I have no idea why I never looked back to it when I modded (or basically bricked) my Wii U. I'll reply with the outcome soon.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is why we don't recommend using youtube, because when it all gone kaput that youtuber ain't gonna help you fixing the issue. I'm not even gonna click those links, because it looks dumb as hell.

Were you trying to install games to external hdd or nand (internal memory) from the sd? Where did you get the games from? Sounds like corrupted install files. All the stuff that you did like uninstalled tiramisu or formatting the console, well you shouldn't have done it really. All you need to do is take out the sd card and the console would, more or less, go back to vanilla console.

If you somehow manage to re-Tiramisu, don't use wup installer again. Use Nusspli to direct dl stuff to the console, it make take awhile, but it'll do everything for you. Or use wiiudownloader and transfer the games to sd card then use nusspli to install them.

Nusspli: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nusspli...nintendo-update-servers-to-your-wii-u.566055/

wiiudownloader: https://gbatemp.net/threads/relase-...tform-alternative-to-wii-u-usb-helper.621432/

Tragicwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why we don't recommend using youtube, because when it all gone kaput that youtuber ain't gonna help you fixing the issue. I'm not even gonna click those links, because it looks dumb as hell.
Damn, now I know lol
Were you trying to install games to external hdd or nand (internal memory) from the sd?
NAND, I remember cause I was sorta desperate and only had a 32GB SD Card to my disposal so I tried to install games from the SD Card to the NAND
Where did you get the games from?
It's a PC App called Wii U USB Helper
Sounds like corrupted install files. All the stuff that you did like uninstalled tiramisu or formatting the console, well you shouldn't have done it really.
I tried to format my Wii U but it would freeze before the actual formatting began, I DID however uninstall Tiramisu...rip
All you need to do is take out the sd card and the console would, more or less, go back to vanilla console.
Hmm, I was skeptical about that because I thought that turning on the Wii U WITHOUT the SD Card would mess something up. I'll keep it in mind.
If you somehow manage to re-Tiramisu, don't use wup installer again. Use Nusspli to direct dl stuff to the console, it make take awhile, but it'll do everything for you. Or use wiiudownloader and transfer the games to sd card then use nusspli to install them.

Nusspli:

wiiudownloader:
Thanks and sorry for bringing up such stupid mess-ups, I am trying to do better. I'll keep this discussion updated.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into it, hopefully my Wii U doesn't freeze up during the process. But thank you, I only used that site once when I jailbroke and homebrewed my 3DS and DSi, I have no idea why I never looked back to it when I modded (or basically bricked) my Wii U. I'll reply with the outcome soon.

Good luck. We have all at one point made modding mistakes, don't beat yourself up about it. I am sure it will work out.

Reactions: duwen

Mininux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you able to open data management ? It could ask to delete useless files, maybe it could help
And did you make a backup before installing tiramisu ? If not, MAKE ONE ASAP because there is still the possibility that your NAND is slowly dying and the only way to possibly restore it is with a backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: A knuckle sandwich with extra grease.