Homebrew Animated Forwarder & Hybrid Channels By pepxl

apparissus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxi -- Hate registering for forums, but I just had to here so I could thank you for sharing your impressive design & geekery talents with all of us. A pepxi'd Wii is a beautiful Wii!

Thank you, pepxi!​

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
glad you like them, im currently revamping them all with better gfx and what not as i wasnt total happy with the way some turned out after prolonged use(eye sore's lol) and will be releasing a full pack with new forwarders currently on the requests section and a few homebrew app forwarder that i mostly use

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those emus which crash on exit, did you try the magic lstub i mentioned a while ago? you can use 2 functions out of that and it will always exit to the system menu. no crash.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
for those emus which crash on exit, did you try the magic lstub i mentioned a while ago? you can use 2 functions out of that and it will always exit to the system menu. no crash.

i never could figure out how to return to the SM only HBC, still need a lot of learning with some parts of devkit but im getting there

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work Pepxi, I like the look of your forwarders. I have a problem with them though. When I load an emulator, say fceugx, through HBC it can detect my hard drive and roms. When I launch the emulator from your fceugx channel I get a USB drive not found error. Like I said, everything works fine if launched through HBC. Any ideas as to why this happens.
Specs
4.1U
USB drive: 1 NTFS partition primary and active, 1 FAT partition logical.
FCEUGX is latest version from Homebrew Browser (3.1.3 I think)

I also had this same problem on a different drive that was completely FAT.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its was bug in the emu apparently, i don't know if Tantric has fixed it in the latest versions, i currently have the latest version and never had the USB error with an version ive had to date so it could also be a HDD problem aswel, also have you tried the cover mods because i think psiko made a fix for the HDD issues in his modded versions

Specs

WD My Book 1TB + WD Passort 250GB
SM 4.1E
HBC 1.0.6
Priiloader vo.3b

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you pm me the source for whatever the forwarders are that start the apps that crash, ill add teh lstub shit to one so you can see how it works.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys i need some input before compling dols when it comes to it, what search paths would people prefer

SD:/apps/******/boot.[dol/elf]
SD:/******/boot.[dol/elf]

USB:/apps/******/boot.[dol/elf]
USB:/******/boot.[dol/elf]

or

example, heres a CFG search order which checks the individual folder name on SD then USB

sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
sd:/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
usb:/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol

sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
sd:/usbloader/boot.dol
usb:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
usb:/usbloader/boot.dol

sd:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
sd:/usb-loader/boot.dol
usb:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
usb:/usb-loader/boot.dol

or would people prefer searching the SD then USB entirely

sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
sd:/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
sd:/usbloader/boot.dol
sd:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
sd:/usb-loader/boot.dol

usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
usb:/usbloader_cfg/boot.do
usb:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
usb:/usbloader/boot.dol
usb:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
usb:/usb-loader/boot.dol

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote would be for this

Provided it doesnt take longer to alternate mounting USB then SD and having pauses in them, but i dont know if there even is a pause in it, either way though it all works in the end no?
grog.gif

Thanks for your work on these they are great

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the vote

ive added this to a poll in the first post but im gonna need plenty of votes to determine the outcome

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would say search the sd for all the paths and then the usb. it only takes less than 1/100 second for it to check all 4 paths of the sd card. if you alternate sd/usb/sd/usb, you may have to wait for the usb drive to spin up and shit. in the long run, it will probably only add 1/2 a second to get the drive ready, but 1/100 of a second is faster than 1/2 second.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey pepxl just a heads up i dont know if you'll get many votes on this, i was unable to vote cause i had voted with the first one you had up and it wont let us vote for the new stuff it says, "you've already voted in this poll".

Also in light of giantpunes new info, i change my vote to that way anyway lol. Isnt that the way they are setup as of now anyway?

casper666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Hey pepxl just a heads up i dont know if you'll get many votes on this, i was unable to vote cause i had voted with the first one you had up and it wont let us vote for the new stuff it says, "you've already voted in this poll".

Also in light of giantpunes new info, i change my vote to that way anyway lol. Isnt that the way they are setup as of now anyway?

same happen to me

but i vote for the 1 option

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
i would say search the sd for all the paths and then the usb. it only takes less than 1/100 second for it to check all 4 paths of the sd card. if you alternate sd/usb/sd/usb, you may have to wait for the usb drive to spin up and shit. in the long run, it will probably only add 1/2 a second to get the drive ready, but 1/100 of a second is faster than 1/2 second.

thats what i was thinking but i'd thought id let the users have a say since some use different methods of loading apps, amyways thanks for the help with that stub

@ALL

POLL CLOSED(forwarder that is)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick update here

Progress is going nicely and all forwarders Ive done are looking better and working nicely, im also doing a "Black Edition" of all my forwarder's as well as revamping the originals which look well with a dark Wii theme :-)

Here's a sneek peek of what they look like, hope you guys like them
================================================================================​

gclblackedition.png

gclblackeditionicon.png

================================================================================​

cfgblackedition.png

cfgblackeditionicon.png

================================================================================

A Disk Is Still Needed To Be Added To the Banner's Logo
VVVVV
VVV
VV
V​

neogammablackedition.png

neogammablackeditionico.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.