ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gave this a whirl today, with a US cartridge. It looks like you might be working on the editor right now, because I uploaded the same dump twice and got different results. Either way, the dump was off by 0x100 bytes. I generated a corrected dump with my own tools and it appears to show up.

Grass wear data is after the map data (about 0x6428 bytes after the start of the map data). FFs give you full grass, 00s give you desert, and any value inbetween appears to represent different stages of wear. Haven't figured out the exact length yet though, it seems to go on for longer than it should.

Items in the house are in a different block of RAM than the town data. Start looking around 0x10325CC of a full RAM dump (yours might be different due to region differences).

I'll contribute some item hex values when I get the opportunity.

Hey, don't suppose you can help me out? I'm trying to figure out how to get dirt paths down.

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try contacting this person?

It seems almost certain that I won't be able to get in touch with this guy for a little while. So I guess you can't make sense of it either? I thought it might be to do with that '[0x00007ffe]' thing in the corner, but I dunno.

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've found a problem with the editor. I moved all 8 of my face-cutout standees 2 spaces up and now they all have the same pattern. Even if I choose to change the pattern of one of them, they all get the pattern.

sadluna

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to update my 3ds to a 9x version from 5x? I want to be able to edit my acnl map but I can't find anything online about what I can do to use the program.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found a problem with the editor. I moved all 8 of my face-cutout standees 2 spaces up and now they all have the same pattern. Even if I choose to change the pattern of one of them, they all get the pattern.
That's a known problem. I don't know if marc_max is going to fix it, but it's annoying if you want stands or signboards close to buildings.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought the only way to EVER get ANY way to cheat on AC:NL was the powesaves, but now that marc made the ram editor, I'm thinking of selling my powesaves.

Ill buyit from you, also later can I give you my acnlram.bin to change tpc pic?

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got 3 3DSs. 2 have the latest firmware, but one is stuck on 8.x. Apparently I need to find a way to update to 9.x, but not the latest on this one. 2 possibilities to do an offline update from what I could tell - both require specific cartridges. Newer Super Smash Bros cartridges may carry a compatible update (9.2) as well as the newly released Code Name STEAM (9.4). Will have to visit Gamestop to see if they'll let me try out some used cartridges or see if anyone at my college has the games.

Is it possible to update my 3ds to a 9x version from 5x? I want to be able to edit my acnl map but I can't find anything online about what I can do to use the program.

See above post. You need one of those two cartridges I mentioned.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have documentation of the HEX addresses for each player's Pockets, Dressers, and for the Town's outside spaces (like the address if I wanted to place an item on the ground outside)?

Also, info on item values would be appreciated, too if anyone has that saved to a list somewhere.

Oh, and Villager values. I assume it's all documented since the online map editor has it all there to be used, and its all correct.

Scatsie

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this has been commented on here before but I've discovered something strange. I used the RAM Editor here to change my villagers but once they move out they change back to who they were originally...it's nothing major but I thought I'd put it here in case that's something that Marc wants to fix/look into!

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this has been commented on here before but I've discovered something strange. I used the RAM Editor here to change my villagers but once they move out they change back to who they were originally...it's nothing major but I thought I'd put it here in case that's something that Marc wants to fix/look into!

That can be edited in an hex editor, someone found the last 16 villager information and you can go and edit it, if you want.

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm french ! can get the full installation tutorial in French because I just noticed this site and I saw this and I'd like to change my city, etc ... so I do not make mistakes during installation because with translators do not mark all what is actually said. put the steps one by one please! (This message has been translating a translator)
Thank you ! Bye :)

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm french ! can get the full installation tutorial in French because I just noticed this site and I saw this and I'd like to change my city, etc ... so I do not make mistakes during installation because with translators do not mark all what is actually said. put the steps one by one please! (This message has been translating a translator)
Thank you ! Bye :)

Use google translation :rofl: I'm joking. I digress...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: