Android Android Music Ripping Line-In

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, i know, i couldnt find a better place to put this thread so ok my question is why do midis (as in midi files) sound different well really orchestrated on android phones and not on windows? Because ive noticed they sound completely different on both operating systems. why is that? I did some line in testing on my phone and was able to successfully rip the midi music playing on the phone and compare it to the same file on windows, i doubt this has only happened to me lol.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MIDIs don't actually contain sound data, they just say things like "Play this instrument at this pitch for this long", and the actual instrument sounds that are used to play the file depend on the computer. Even between different systems on Windows, MIDI files can sound different.

You could try installing some MIDI sound banks (Yamaha XG synth, etc) in Windows so stuff doesn't sound so crappy, but I haven't messed with that since the 98/2K days so I don't have any specific links for 'ya.

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks and thats ok, i wasnt trying to make a midi sound orchestrated. I was wondering why they sound orchestated in android. I would upload my example file but i cant :-( at least not here.

Whoa!!! Triple post!! Cool! Jk lol.

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore my post above ^ looks like those were deleted.

now on to another unrelated question, what is the software video game music composers (mostly the ones who work at nintendo) use to make their music? Yes i want to try to make music as close and good as they can, i am sick and tired of using bullshit software like fl studio, cubase etc. and using soundfont samples that sound nothing like the original and fucking soundfonts/soundbanks for that matter!. do not link me to any other software like that so help me god i will strangle someone jk lol but serious does nintendo use some sort of specific music creation software to make there music? If so than what is it? Or are they just pre-recorded in a studio using real instruments? If so then i think i just answered my own question...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ignore my post above ^ looks like those were deleted.

now on to another unrelated question, what is the software video game music composers (mostly the ones who work at nintendo) use to make their music? Yes i want to try to make music as close and good as they can, i am sick and tired of using bullshit software like fl studio, cubase etc. and using soundfont samples that sound nothing like the original and fucking soundfonts/soundbanks for that matter!. do not link me to any other software like that so help me god i will strangle someone jk lol but serious does nintendo use some sort of specific music creation software to make there music? If so than what is it? Or are they just pre-recorded in a studio using real instruments? If so then i think i just answered my own question...
Hahahaha.

No dude, it's the sound banks. That IS the exact type of software professionals use.

The difference is in the sound banks. People who make better-sounding songs either buy professional sound banks that sound good, or they record their own stuff for the banks.

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahaha.

No dude, it's the sound banks. That IS the exact type of software professionals use.

The difference is in the sound banks. People who make better-sounding songs either buy professional sound banks that sound good, or they record their own stuff for the banks.

Really? That's what i thought -_- lol thank you! Now i just need to get something a 100 times better than garageband. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz