Hacking am I bricked?

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't really read everything carefully, but I don't think you need to do the ChoiDujour (PC) step just yet, especially if your 4.1 backup is not corrupted.

All you need to do is restore your 4.1 backup (+boot0/1), then inject Hekate, and boot "Stock". This will bypass the 7 fuses burnt issue.

But I agree with this quote:
what did you do that could have cause the initial brick?
Because from your initial post, it doesn't sound like you did anything that should've corrupted your NAND.

Suddenly just hanging on the Nintendo logo is something I've encountered in the past, and it usually only happens because of a hardware failure. Usually one of the two chips that usually burn out that @mattytrog usually talks about (M92T36 or BQ24193).

But anyway, just restore your 4.1 (+boot0/1) backup and then try to launch "Stock" from Hekate. If that works, then you can launch another CFW using Hekate and you can use ChoiDujourNX from that.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really read everything carefully, but I don't think you need to do the ChoiDujour (PC) step just yet, especially if your 4.1 backup is not corrupted.

All you need to do is restore your 4.1 backup (+boot0/1), then inject Hekate, and boot "Stock". This will bypass the 7 fuses burnt issue.

But I agree with this quote:

Because from your initial post, it doesn't sound like you did anything that should've corrupted your NAND.

Suddenly just hanging on the Nintendo logo is something I've encountered in the past, and it usually only happens because of a hardware failure. Usually one of the two chips that usually burn out that @mattytrog usually talks about (M92T36 or BQ24193).

But anyway, just restore your 4.1 (+boot0/1) backup and then try to launch "Stock" from Hekate. If that works, then you can launch another CFW using Hekate and you can use ChoiDujourNX from that.

If I inject Hekate and then boot into Stock I get a black screen it doesnt work. I dont even see the Nintendo or Switch logo. Should that really bypass the fuse??

I was installing a NSP Fire emblem game update and DLC. But hoenstly I hightly doubt its corrupt. I got it from someone I have use quite a few files from.

So the hardware issue is completely bad right? no fix.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I inject Hekate and then boot into Stock I get a black screen it doesnt work. I dont even see the Nintendo or Switch logo. Should that really bypass the fuse??

I was installing a NSP Fire emblem game update and DLC. But hoenstly I hightly doubt its corrupt. I got it from someone I have use quite a few files from.

Trust no one nowadays. Maybe that was a brick nsp.
Honestly this sounds exactly like what the PozzNX payload did ("Cracked" SX OS a few months ago). Stuck at Switch logo.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust no one nowadays. Maybe that was a brick nsp.
Honestly this sounds exactly like what the PozzNX payload did ("Cracked" SX OS a few months ago). Stuck at Switch logo.

So What can I do. If I try to boot into CFW it wont work. and If I inject Hekate and go to OFW or CFW it doesnt work..

Soemone thinks I have mismatched BOOT0/1. How can I get the correct one? Honestly I have no idea what version my backup is. I dont even know how to find out

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So What can I do. If I try to boot into CFW it wont work. and If I inject Hekate and go to OFW or CFW it doesnt work..

Soemone thinks I have mismatched BOOT0/1. How can I get the correct one? Honestly I have no idea what version my backup is. I dont even know how to find out
Normally that stupid brickcode bricks PRODINFO, which you cannot restore with Choidujour, so if it's that, don't even bother going through all of that. Waste of time. But that brick can absolutely be repaired with a NAND backup (and only that). So the second you restore your NAND backup your console should work again, and if it was made on a lower fw and fuses mismatch now you'd have to boot with Hekate, ignoring fuses, and updating from there again. But this should work.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes it should.

If it was a brick NSP, you should be able to fix it just by restoring your NAND backup, even if it's too old for your fuse count.

If it's mismatched boot0/1, you should've gotten a blue screen (I've helped several users that had this issue, because they only had a rawnand backup, and no boot0/1 backup, and they all get a blue screen).

But getting stuck at the Nintendo logo has always been a hardware issue all of the times I've encoutered it (well... except for the brick NSP... but you DID have a nand backup to restore to, so that rules that out).

This chip is cheap.
Not even $10, it's like $6-9 each, like here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ori...power-ic-chip-M92T36-BQ24193/32955142669.html

Thing is, you have to be a "tiny soldering guy" (or have to hire one) to fix it.
If you read this thread, there are people who are knowledgeable enough with electronics to test these chips if they are faulty, and replace them themselves:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/will-a-bricked-switch-boot-into-rcm.524717/

Honestly I have no idea what version my backup is. I dont even know how to find out
You can use this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Last edited by bundat,

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally that stupid brickcode bricks PRODINFO, which you cannot restore with Choidujour, so if it's that, don't even bother going through all of that. Waste of time. But that brick can absolutely be repaired with a NAND backup (and only that). So the second you restore your NAND backup your console should work again, and if it was made on a lower fw and fuses mismatch now you'd have to boot with Hekate, ignoring fuses, and updating from there again. But this should work.
I literally did ALL of that already. Restored from NAND backup. It wont load. Then when I boot into Hekate and load CFW or OFW. It boots to black screen.

Someone thinks I have a mismatched BOOT0/1 now and need to fix that

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it should.

If it was a brick NSP, you should be able to fix it just by restoring your NAND backup, even if it's too old for your fuse count.

If it's mismatched boot0/1, you should've gotten a blue screen (I've helped several users that had this issue, because they only had a rawnand backup, and no boot0/1 backup, and they all get a blue screen).

But getting stuck at the Nintendo logo has always been a hardware issue all of the times I've encoutered it (well... except for the brick NSP... but you DID have a nand backup to restore to, so that rules that out).

This chip is cheap.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ori...power-ic-chip-M92T36-BQ24193/32955142669.html

Thing is, you have to be a "tiny soldering guy" (or have to hire one) to fix it.
If you read this thread, there are people who are knowledgeable enough with electronics to test these chips if they are faulty, and replace them themselves:

You can use this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Well whenever I turn on AutoRCM using bricmii and it reloads into the FW it pops up a mid blue screen that looks like this I think

0x00AAFF Secure Monitor (deep sleep) [1.0.0+]

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Someone thinks I have a mismatched BOOT0/1 now and need to fix that
I dunno, I've helped 3 people already that had mismatched BOOT0/1, and they all had blue screen as a symptom:

Case 1:

Case 2:
Case 3:
If you really want to be 100% sure it is not a hardware issue, then yeah... just proceed with rebuilding a nand image from scratch using that guide they linked you above.

After rebuilding a full BOOT0, BOOT1, and all SYSTEM partitions, if your Switch is still bricked, then I suggest you click that link I posted above where those people were discussing about testing/replacing those chips, and maybe try to get them to help you with yours.

Because it can only be a hardware problem if completely rebuilding a NAND image did not work.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I've helped 3 people already that had mismatched BOOT0/1, and they all had blue screen as a symptom:

Case 1:

Case 2:
Case 3:
If you really want to be 100% sure it is not a hardware issue, then yeah... just proceed with rebuilding a nand image from scratch using that guide they linked you above.

After rebuilding a full BOOT0, BOOT1, and all SYSTEM partitions, if your Switch is still bricked, then I suggest you click that link I posted above where those people were discussing about testing/replacing those chips, and maybe try to get them to help you with yours.

Because it can only be a hardware problem if completely rebuilding a NAND image did not work.

Well whenever I turn on AutoRCM using bricmii and it reloads into the FW it pops up a mid blue screen that looks like this I think

0x00AAFF Secure Monitor (deep sleep) [1.0.0+]

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then just follow the guide they linked you earlier:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

For fixing a mismatched BOOT0/1, follow it all the way down to steps 8.2 and 8.3 in the guide.

And as I said, if you follow ALL the steps successfully, and it still doesn't work, then it's surely a hardware problem.

SO my switch is at 4.1 but the fuses say 6.1 What firmware version should I do for this guide? Should I use 4.1 or 6.1?

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it should.

This chip is cheap.

You can use this:

So I now know my switch is on 4.1 FW but my fuse count says I should be at 6.1

Possibly my Boot0/1 are mismatched some how. So what do I do? Do I follow the guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

But do I want to build a NAND of 4.1 or 6.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: