Permanent RCM mode?

karatefeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a V1 unpatched switch that only boots via Hekate - semi stock, sysMMC, and emuMMC launch options all boot successfully. Booting without using Hekate results in a black screen.
Doing some more troubleshooting, the switch is in RCM mode as if I insert a rcm loader, it injects the payload. What's odd is the rcm option in Hekate shows as disabled. I tried setting it to on but the next reboot still shows it as disabled. eMMC is good, I can run the benchmark, backup, and create emuMMC with no issues.

I remember an option in EmmcHaccGen to set rcm, is that the case here? Would I need to use level 2 unbricking process to fix?

karatefeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use AutoRCM but you still need to inject payload, it only put the device in AutoRCM mode.
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I wasn't clear, I would like to disable autoRCM but am unable to do it in Hekate as it already shows as disabled. Was wondering if I rebuild the Nand if that would fix it? First time dealing with this issue.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I wasn't clear, I would like to disable autoRCM but am unable to do it in Hekate as it already shows as disabled. Was wondering if I rebuild the Nand if that would fix it? First time dealing with this issue.

If you rebuild the NAND you can't go online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Mondooooo, If you're lucky, you can find weed in the PS2's expansion bay.