Hacking am I bricked?

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help. I have 6.1 sysNAND and 6.1 emNAND. Never use sysNAND.

the Switch boots up into RCM mode. Then I click emunand or custom firmware. Then the Nintendo screen flashes. Then Black screen. Then Nintendo Switch screen. IT then freezes on this screen and never moves on. Did I brick my switch????

I turn off my switch my holding the power for 15 seconds. Charge the SX pro. Then try again and always get the same results.

Auto RCM was on. I turned it off just in case.

I dont think Booting into Original firmware even works anymore EITHER!!!! I never used original firmware

EDIT: I used Hekate to restore my eMMC BOOT0/1 and eMMC RAW GPP (Exfat only) from my original backup. It still doesnt work. RCM is uninstalled. Booting the system with no SD card, No SXPro dongle, and No Jig results in No boot. botting into CFW from SXpro still has same Nintendo Switch logo hang. HELP

Last edited by Emeraldman94,

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
boot to vanilla and see if you can.

format SD card again

download Kosmo and atmo to see if Atmosphere cfw works

see if that solves your problem

if it does then maybe you did something that messed up on sxos

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boot to vanilla and see if you can.

format SD card again

download Kosmo and atmo to see if Atmosphere cfw works

see if that solves your problem

if it does then maybe you did something that messed up on sxos

I used Hekate to restore my eMMC BOOT0/1 and eMMC RAW GPP (Exfat only) from my original backup. It still doesnt work. RCM is uninstalled. Booting the system with no SD card, No SXPro dongle, and No Jig results in No boot. botting into CFW from SXpro still has same Nintendo Switch logo hang. HELP

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used Hekate to restore my eMMC BOOT0/1 and eMMC RAW GPP (Exfat only) from my original backup. It still doesnt work. RCM is uninstalled. Booting the system with no SD card, No SXPro dongle, and No Jig results in No boot. botting into CFW from SXpro still has same Nintendo Switch logo hang. HELP
As you have a nand backup (even after brick) i believe you can extract PRODINFO and rebuild a fresh nand from there. But this is kinda long (aka lot of steps)

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you have a nand backup (even after brick) i believe you can extract PRODINFO and rebuild a fresh nand from there. But this is kinda long (aka lot of steps)

I never did a Nand backup after the brick (which Im still not sure if it is). I only have 1 and its my original. I do have my CFW Emunand which I guess is maybe considered a backup.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay. This is even more weird if you restored a working backup

well based off what I said I did "I used Hekate to restore my eMMC BOOT0/1 and eMMC RAW GPP (Exfat only) from my original backup." Is that all I needed to do?

I can still boot payloads. Is there a payload I can boot to do more things or see my system menu version. It can still read my exFAT I think which is weird since I should be restoring back to 4.1 I though. Im not sure

EDIT: Also if I dont have autoRCM installed why wont my switch even boot up when I have no SD card, No dongle and NOTHING plugged it. It wont even show Nintendo sign or switch sign.. It only will show a screen when I enter RCM mode.

Last edited by Emeraldman94,

bk300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well based off what I said I did "I used Hekate to restore my eMMC BOOT0/1 and eMMC RAW GPP (Exfat only) from my original backup." Is that all I needed to do?

I can still boot payloads. Is there a payload I can boot to do more things or see my system menu version. It can still read my exFAT I think which is weird since I should be restoring back to 4.1 I though. Im not sure

EDIT: Also if I dont have autoRCM installed why wont my switch even boot up when I have no SD card, No dongle and NOTHING plugged it. It wont even show Nintendo sign or switch sign.. It only will show a screen when I enter RCM mode.
Can you boot into recovery mode? If you can just do the
Restore factory settings.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you boot into recovery mode? If you can just do the
Restore factory settings.

Is that the same thing as safe mode? The volume up and down thing?

If so, it doesnt work without the jig and dongle for some reason. But when I try to do that after I use RCM to boot into system firmware it gets past the switch logo (Which Ive never done) and then gets to a black screen and hangs there

bk300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. If you can't.

try this:

1.boot into RCM mode.
2.hold the Volume Up + Volume down at the same time.
3.Inject the Hekate .
After that it should boot in to "Recovery mode" than do the "Restore factory settings".

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. If you can't.

try this:

1.boot into RCM mode.
3.Inject the Hekate .
After that it should boot in to "Recovery mode" than do the "Restore factory settings".

I dont think I understand what you mean. I can always access Hekate. HOw do I getto recovery mode from Hekate?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If so, it doesnt work without the jig and dongle for some reason.

I assume because you've burnt more fuses than the restored nand is happy with.

You could find out how many fuses are burnt using bricmii, look it up on https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade and pick a firmware that has the same number and follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ to install the correct firmware (you'll have to go the long way round and run ChoiDujour as you can't run ChoiDujourNX).

That might help.

Last edited by smf,

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume because you've burnt more fuses than the restored nand is happy with.

You could find out how many fuses are burnt using bricmii, look it up on https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade and pick a firmware that has the same number and follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ to install the correct firmware.

That might help.

possibly. It says I have 7 burnt fuses. The website says thats 6.10

I thought that was what my backup was to, but maybe it was backing up to 4.1. So what do I need to do now? Upgrade my sysFW to 6.1?

bk300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think I understand what you mean. I can always access Hekate. HOw do I getto recovery mode from Hekate?
It is not about access Hekate. Inject the "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin" just for boot up your switch. You can inject any bin files to boot it up not only hekate.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not about access Hekate. Inject the "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin" just for boot up your switch. You can inject any bin files to boot it up not only hekate.

I dont know how to do that. I just use SXOS Pro. Then I inject the .bin

Someone thinks it might be a fuse issue I have 7 burnt. But I think I restored back to 4.1

CAn you help me get back to 6.1 on sysFW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

to be honest I dont understand. I dont know how to boot choi from this setup I have since I can only use payload. I have SX pro dongle and everything

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
to be honest I dont understand. I dont know how to boot choi from this setup I have since I can only use payload. I have SX pro dongle and everything

You don't boot choidujournx, you have to use the old choidujour method which is on the thread I linked. You need to grab your keys and use them to inject the firmware into the nand backup (make sure you keep a copy) and then restore that to the switch.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to boot ChoiNX but how can I using my setup? does it have a payload. I cannot find it if it does

You can't, its impossible. You don't need to use it. Use Choidujour instead, it runs on your PC.

On this thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

When you get to:

"FOR AN EASIER INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE, THE REST OF THE STEPS MAY BE REPLACED JUST BY USING ChoiDujourNX AS A HOMEBREW ON THE CONSOLE ITSELF.
Check out https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/ for more info."

You can't have an easier experience, you have to continue with the guide.

Last edited by smf,

bk300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how to do that. I just use SXOS Pro. Then I inject the .bin

Someone thinks it might be a fuse issue I have 7 burnt. But I think I restored back to 4.1

CAn you help me get back to 6.1 on sysFW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is only for step 3 (Doesn't matter you using the SXOS or not. Go to download the hekate unzip it.
Use the TegraRcmGUI to inject the hekate_fspatches_v3.bin.)

Link for TegraRcmGUI :https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases

Link for hekate: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

follow this :
1.boot into RCM mode.
3.Inject the Hekate .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome