Hacking Bricked Switch due to Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. Need help restoring Nand..

morpheus9394

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I unfortunately installed the bad/hacked Pikachu NSP that was going around early today and now my Switch is bricked.
I have a NAND backup of my switch but that was taken months ago when the switch was still on 5.1 and I installed 6.1 using ChoidujourNX today.

Can I just restore my NAND which I assume will put me back on 5.1, without making the brick even worse?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: mark.m.moran

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I unfortunately installed the bad/hacked Pikachu NSP that was going around early today and now my Switch is bricked.
I have a NAND backup of my switch but that was taken months ago when the switch was still on 5.1 and I installed 6.1 using ChoidujourNX today.

Can I just restore my NAND which I assume will put me back on 5.1, without making the brick even worse?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, as long as you didn't burn any fuses.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To piggy back off this thread. I dont have a bricked switch or anything but I do have an older NAND backup that I can't remember which firmware it was taken from. Anyway to easily check that with a software tool?

Cachuchin1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used Choi.... To update you should be able to use your 5.1 dump safely Choi.... Enables.e autorcm so you don't burn fuses. Unless you didn't enable the autorcm or you entered to OFW after using Choi...

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How come it is so easy to brick a system???
Now each install is going to be a leap of faith.
Whoever put this crap in the wild knows what he/she is doing. I dont think any amateur could make a malware like this one.

morpheus9394

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booted in Hekate 4.2 with the files copied onto the SD card and tried to restore which didn't work.
Created the create folder structure after some reading and put rawnand.bin file into the restore folder and tried restore boot0/1 which didn't work.
Tried restore emmc RAW GPP exfat only and the restore process started and completed in over an hour.
Rebooted and got black screen only but could still inject hekate.
Tried disabling AutoRCM in Hekate, no luck.
In Hekate I did went to Launch, Stock (noob mistake) and it did some process to the kernel, not good I know. It finished to a white screen.
Now rebooting takes me to a blue screen but I can at least inject hekate.
Tried restoring GPP partitions and it errored on user but the others were fine.
Rebooted, Blue screen.
I am currently restoring the rawnand.bin hoping that fixes the issue but if not I'm not sure what else to do or what I'm doing wrong.

Tripa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Blue screen is fuse error. It shouldn't happen with cfw though.
You can use Raj's tutorial to update using PC.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're gonna do piracy, at least do it right and check the source of the software in question. Or at least wait a few days for the bad torrents to get weeded out.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Restoring the rawnand.bin again did not work. The switch just boots to a blue screen. Any ideas?
Blue screen happens when you didn't restore BOOT0/1 along with the rawNAND.

You need to find out why your BOOT0/1 restore attempt failed.
And if the files are corrupt, you'll need to create new BOOT0/1 files for the FW version using Rajkosto's ChoiDujour (not NX) guide.

Last edited by bundat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over