Hacking Confused about turning off Switch after jailbreaking

K1ngC001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just modded my Switch with a tutorial I found on Youtube and I'm a little confused on what happens if I turn it off. If I understand correctly on what the video says, if I restart or fully turn off the Switch, it won't boot the payload and boot into normal Switch firmware right? Is there anyway to get it to always boot into the cfw or no do I always have to use the rcm jig when turning it back on.
Thanks in advance.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes that is true: for booting the payload you have to have the jig and press the button combo.

but
there is a way, which i don't use, and the keyword is autorcm
but i think there are some risks.
someone else will surely elaborate.
or use google

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
With autorcm you only need to use your payload injector (computer, phone, dongle). You don't need the jig.

If you want to boot directly without needing the jig and the payload injector you have to install a mod chip.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AutoRCM and leaving it in sleep mode has worked perfectly for me. If you need sysMMC to say play your purchased online multiplayer games just use reboot to payload and then boot stock. You'll need to use a loader to boot back to emuMMC, but not a jig. Also, when using AutoRCM & when finished using your Switch, make sure it's either actually shut down or in sleep mode... and not in the blank screen RCM mode. It will drain your battery and you'll have to jump through some hoops to get it charged again.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
There are generally 3 things that might happen after you turn off a console:
- Either AutoRCM is off, and turning it on will result in a boot of stock sysMMC. If you want to turn on CFW or use emuMMC, you will need to insert a jig, use the button combo and use a payload injector (PC, mobile device or a special injector).
- Or AutoRCM is on, and turning it on will result in a black screen - which means that you can't use the console if you turn it off without a payload injector. But no jig is needed.
- Or you have a modchip installed, and turning it on will coldboot a payload (most likely Hekate). This is the most convenient method as it requires no additional equipment to boot, but you are going to need soldering skills and relevant tools to be able to use this method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y