Homebrew Alternate/Debug/Test menu working on retail 3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder why nitnendo didn't completely removed this stuff... it could have saved some TWL_NAND space...
They did. If you haven't already, look into how SSD file deletion works. NAND follows the same concept. It's only able to be written to a finite number of times. So instead of zeroing a file when deleted, it marks that space as "empty", meaning a new file can be written there. So unless a new file IS written there, the old data is still there, able to be read with a hex editor, but not by mounting the partition.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I meant he has a Panda console lol

But yes, if somehow the dev keys were dumped (bootrom!), it would be easy for D9 to load alternate keys from SD even though they don't normally need a key file!

Last edited by Ryccardo,
D

Deleted User

I'm sure making a clone of the test menu is simple enough, and might lead to custom home menu (XMMB anybody? >300 games anybody?)
I am positive either you or I (probably me) doesn't understand what this is. The test menu (App) is used for testing the 3ds capabilities before leaving the factory. The fw is for actual game debugging

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4